I had some question.

nickpokesyou

if i have 3 PCI-E 3.0 graphic card.

my motherboard has 2 PCI-E 3.0 and 1 PCI-E 2.0, all x16

i run it Tri- SLI , what performance will i get?

Should work, though you might be disappointed. Which mobo? The third PCI-E slot is handled by the chipset (I think), which isn't going to be blistering fast and or have some issues.

That third card is going to have pretty bad scaling. You may not notice a real word difference between SLI and Tri-SLI.

Should work' date=' though you might be disappointed. Which mobo? The third PCI-E slot is handled by the chipset (I think), which isn't going to be blistering fast and or have some issues.[/quote']

p8z77, the last PCI-E is 2.0

how much will it affect the performance compare to all 3.0 slots rather than 2, 3.0 & 1, 2.0

1. what motherboard do you have?

2. what chipset do you use?

3. if you use z77/z68 you can only get 1 slot working at 16x speed gen2/gen3 because you only have 16 lanes of PCI-E, but if you have x58/x79 then you get 36/40 PCI-E lanes so in that case you can get more out of your card, in gaming 2 x 8 lanes is good for 2 cards, lower than that there is no point.

4. today we can't get much more performance boost with PCI-E gen3 vs gen2, but in the future it might because the gen 3 bandwidth is 2x gen2

5. bottom line is that if you have a z77/z68 there is no point in running more than 2 cards because you get 8x4x4x configuration of the cards, if you have x58/x79 you can go up to 4 cards and can get up to 16x8x8x in 3 way SLI or 8x8x8x8x in 4 way SLI

6. 16x PCI-E size does not mean it can run at 16 lanes, so i am guessing your 3rd PCI-E slot is for sound cards and other cards that need lower bandwidth

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

1. what motherboard do you have? 2. what chipset do you use? 3. if you use z77/z68 you can only get 1 slot working at 16x speed gen2/gen3 because you only have 16 lanes of PCI-E' date=' but if you have x58/x79 then you get 36/40 PCI-E lanes so in that case you can get more out of your card, in gaming 2 x 8 lanes is good for 2 cards, lower than that there is no point. 4. today we can't get much more performance boost with PCI-E gen3 vs gen2, but in the future it might because the gen 3 bandwidth is 2x gen2 5. bottom line is that if you have a z77/z68 there is no point in running more than 2 cards because you get 8x4x4x configuration of the cards, if you have x58/x79 you can go up to 4 cards and can get up to 16x8x8x in 3 way SLI or 8x8x8x8x in 4 way SLI 6. 16x PCI-E size does not mean it can run at 16 lanes, so i am guessing your 3rd PCI-E slot is for sound cards and other cards that need lower bandwidth [/quote']

p8z77-v with 3770k

It's a good mobo, I would never put a video card in the 3rd PCI-E slot though. Try to use the every other slot before you use that one. Actually, try not to go SLI or Xfire in general.

More important question, why the hell do you need to tri-SLI on a mid power gaming system? I doubt you're running anything crazy in terms of displays..

More important question' date=' why the hell do you need to tri-SLI on a mid power gaming system? I doubt you're running anything crazy in terms of displays.. [/quote']

future upgrade

More important question' date=' why the hell do you need to tri-SLI on a mid power gaming system? I doubt you're running anything crazy in terms of displays.. [/quote'] future upgrade

What video card and case do you have currently? You would need 8 slots in your case :P

More important question' date=' why the hell do you need to tri-SLI on a mid power gaming system? I doubt you're running anything crazy in terms of displays.. [/quote'] future upgrade
What video card and case do you have currently? You would need 8 slots in your case :P

planning on msi 7970

erm. enforcer

planning on msi 7970

erm. enforcer

msi 7970 CF is a waste now since next gen will come out in a few months, single card is great, but if you do not plan on buying top tier cards at start of their release +6 months give or take you will just waste money, jut buy 1 and keep it till you can upgrade, but if you insist on 2 cards go for a 690 or "7990" cards because they use 16 lanes as intended so you get less heat, power draw, or noise vs 2 cards in SLI/CF X

btw your board is awesome just do not bother with more than 2 GPU-s with any AMD board so far or any Intel mainstream stuff.

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

planning on msi 7970

erm. enforcer

msi 7970 CF is a waste now since next gen will come out in a few months' date=' single card is great, but if you do not plan on buying top tier cards at start of their release +6 months give or take you will just waste money, jut buy 1 and keep it till you can upgrade, but if you insist on 2 cards go for a 690 or "7990" cards because they use 16 lanes as intended so you get less heat, power draw, or noise vs 2 cards in SLI/CF X btw your board is awesome just do not bother with more than 2 GPU-s with any AMD board so far or any Intel mainstream stuff.[/quote']

ok thanks,. i will think about it :)