Oops, I'm so dumb xD

Today I tried to fix rattling noise coming from the 200mm fan in my case and thought it would be good idea to tidy up my cables as well. So I did but the USB 3.0 port's cable is so thick and annoying I plugged it into my mobo but couldn't get a decent cable management so I unplugged it did some thinking and plugged it again realising that one of the USB 3.0 port's pins on the mobo was bent... Is this a big deal or what?

Evidence Of Evil

Grab some pliers and straighten the pin out. Should be zero problems unless you messed it up royally

be very careful of the amount of tension you put on the pliers though. Just enough movement to straighten it... gently.

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Grab some pliers and straighten the pin out. Should be zero problems unless you messed it up royally

be very careful of the amount of tension you put on the pliers though. Just enough movement to straighten it... gently.

well, the pin is also half way bent :/

Evidence Of Evil

basically, its wrecked if you don't fix, you could wreck it more if you do try to fix it, but its the only way and its not that hard to do :) just be gentle

HyperHertz, on 16 Mar 2015 - 02:46 AM, said:

well, the pin is also half way bent :/

Slowly and gently.

It's broken if you mess it up, already messed up from your mistake. Up to you and its your responsibility lol.

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"