Computer shutting off randomly

Genecidalic
Go to solution Solved by Chungerz,

I had a similar issue a few years back with my old machine. it turned out to be the stock CPU fan clogged with dust and dried out thermal paste.

If it is not that, i'd try replacing the power chord (i once had a dodgy power chord which gave the power supply a high pitch coil whine) before you replace the power supply. 

Okay so about a month ago this started. Randomly my computer will just restart. Its taken me so long because i don't at my moms all the time so it slips my mind but when im here the restarting is seriously irritating. My computer is super slow to boot and playing games of csgo or dota are always risky because i could crash at random. One point i unplugged the power cord from my power supply and it stopped doing it for a few days but now its doing it again. Any ideas on what's going on? Is my psu just dying? if so any ways to hold myself over until i get enough money for a new one?

List your specs.

Some quick un educated answers:

PSU dead? Maybe.

Check its cable.

Uh, how old is the PC?

Need help? Just message me.  @_avax Please quote me for responses.

I had a similar issue a few years back with my old machine. it turned out to be the stock CPU fan clogged with dust and dried out thermal paste.

If it is not that, i'd try replacing the power chord (i once had a dodgy power chord which gave the power supply a high pitch coil whine) before you replace the power supply. 

Intel i7 4790K | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Motherboard | Kingston Beast 16Gb 2400Mhz RAM | Corsair AX860i Power supply | Corsair H100i CPU Cooler | Cooler Master Storm Trooper w/ window | Samsung EVO 500gb SSD | WD Black 2TB | Asus GTX980

Components overheating? Things need a clean maybe?

If a component was overhearing wouldn't I blue screen? That's what happened about a year ago when my computer was overhearing. Computer is about a year old.

Did a little spring cleaning guys looks like it worked. Thanks for the tips