C# Selenium alts

Sicarius

I'm looking to automate some tasks on a web page for a friend. I originally looked at Selenium but it seems to be awkward to set up and was wondering if there were any know alternatives? I need to be able to navigate, manipulate and interact with a page

Any help is appreciated!

Are you doing this specifically for testing or does this automation add some kind of feature/functionality to the website?

The actual functionality of the program is to interact with the website.

I believe this is why Selenium is working out too trivial.

What is the website you want to automate and what exactly are you trying to do that Selenium can't?

Not gunna lie it is a game :3, making a bot for a friend. Selenium just seems hard to use and was wondering fi there were any alternatives.

My only experience with these kinds of software lies in testing so I can't help you.

Not gunna lie it is a game :3, making a bot for a friend. Selenium just seems hard to use and was wondering fi there were any alternatives.

What game? If it's something like Cookie Clicker, Selenium would work fine, if it's more complicated than clicking anywhere and hitting buttons you'll need something a lot more complicated with either memory or pixel reading.

Right. Thanks all. I have got Selenium working and am going to give it a shot... It's a text based game so this should work easily with Selenium now it is all up and running :D