LEDs in Case

MrSushi

Hello.

I have installed two led strips into my pc but i feel like they are too bright for me. Can i somehow turn them off or lower brightness in BIOS (asus maximus VII hero) or do i have to completely remove them?

Thank you for replying.

That would depend how the LEDs are configured. You could only control them via the BIOS if they were plugged into the motherboard some how. 

If they're plugged directly into the power supply via something like molex, you could buy some sort of adapter which would allow you to control the brightness.

Personally I'm not a fan of PC lighting, as it just ends up irritating me and is always far too bright. 

CPU i5 4430 3Ghz | Ram: 16GB DDR3 1600 | GPU: GTX 650 Ti 1GB | Mobo: H87N-Wifi | Case: White Bitfenix Prodigy | Boot Drive: 120GB 840 Evo (Mac OS X) 120gb OCZ Vertex 3 (Windows) | Games Drive: 640GB WD Green | OS: Windows 8 & OS X 10.9.1

I love all technology. The perfection of macs for my designer side, and the hardware and fun of tinkering on the of the pc side. We can have it all, just not at the same time.

You may be able to use a resistor but they tend to be as bright as they are! Maybe just try one?

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

If you dont know the value of the resistor you need to use to get that exact lighting you want, then use a 50k Potentiometer