Overclocking mismatched RAM

I have one bad RAM stick that went bad in a dualchannel kit, and I will be purchasing another 16gb dual channel kit as there are many possibilities that adding ram will destabilize my computer. 

If I buy a 16gb 1600mhz kit with the same/different CL and overclock it to match the remaining stick of 1866mhz RAM that's already in my build, could it damage my components? 

Can having a dual channel and one single channel negatively impact performance? If so How much?

As I know this affects RAM, could overclocking my CPU destabilize my computer if I somehow managed to stabilize my RAM in the first place?

I know that mismatching RAM is ill advised and it probably is just asking for it by overclocking mismatching RAM, but I'm feeling a bit adventurous baby. 

Lots of explanation is encouraged as I will reward you with thanking you out loud by myself.

-Backstory-

I currently moved to China to study abroad and brought along my newly built computer. No damage was done to my PC during the travel, as it was with me at all times. Everything was fine until two weeks in and them BAM... nonstop rebooting (even before posting). I eventually found that the one of the RAM sticks was indeed the problem. I purchased the G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-1866C9D-16GXM and am currently finding ways to try and RMA it. 

Im considering a pair of Kingston HyperX or another pair of G.Skill.

Thank you so much :lol:

Just oc it to like 1866 cl 9-10-10-24 @ 1.65

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Return it.. its lifetime warranty tough ...

except the ram broke because you overclocked it ...

thats why you dont need to OC ram.

I never overclocked it...

Return it.. its lifetime warranty tough ...

except the ram broke because you overclocked it ...

thats why you dont need to OC ram.

You don't break RAM by overclocking it. And he didn't even OC it

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

STATUS UPDATE

I checked all of the RAM sticks again and both of them work in single channel in every DIMM slot, but NOT in dual channel. If I plug it in on A1 A2 it will work, A1 B1 nonstop reboot. Same thing with B1 B2, nonstop reboot, but A2 B1 works, and so on. While running on two sticks (A2 B2), I tried to push the frequency to the rated frequency of 1866 to see if that would help, but it would just keep rebooting before even posting. I then took out one of the sticks and it seemed fine but I was scared of not being able to turn on my comp forever so I just reverted it back to 1333 the original setting.... could this be a DIMM slot issue? or maybe a grounding issue? Maybe still RAM? This is keeping me up.....

STATUS UPDATE

Its definitely not a grounding issue... Same results in and out of the case. I used different DRAM to try and diagnose but the results are the same. DIMM slot voltage issue? 

I forgot to mention, like an idiot, that I had an EVGA PSU issue recently and that anytime I ran anything moderately intensive the system would hard reboot. The EVGA would boot in dual kit but not the superflower replacement PSU. I ran all sorts of stress tests on my new superflower and it passed every single one of them.