PSU and PSU Lead question.

kashifk95

Hi, I built my first PC 2 month's ago. I use it for gaming. Today, I looked at my power supply and the power lead. The power supply said 230V~ and my power lead said 250V~.

Just wondering if this is a bad thing? Can it damage my PC? because it seems to be working fine. Thanks

What country are you in? Cables normally have printed on them the max voltage and current they can safely take because voltage can fluctuate up to 10-12v.

You should be fine

Modern PSUs are optimised to work on voltages between 100-250V (if I'm correct). So no, it's running happily :P The wire always has a higher number in case the voltage from the outlet fluctuates (between 220-240V). Not a very technical answer but hope it helps :)

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

oh ok thanks for the quick answers, just to clarify i checked my psu from inside my case and it said 220-240V~ . so this should be fine with the 250v~ input? just to clarify

oh ok thanks for the quick answers' date=' just to clarify i checked my psu from inside my case and it said 220-240V~ . so this should be fine with the 250v~ input? just to clarify [/color']

You're not giving it 250v - that is just what the cable is rated to in case of a power spike ect. You're more than likely feeding it 240v if you're in the UK, Australia, NZ ect.