Gigabit Router Recommendations

OhhTee

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about switching over from my old Linksys E2500 router to a gigabit router but I don't want to break my bank. Any good recommendations for a gigabit router that's below ~$130? 

Thanks.

NetGear NightHawk if you expand your bugedt a little

ill look for something cheaepr aswell

NetGear NightHawk if you expand your bugedt a little

ill look for something cheaepr aswell

Ah the nighthawk suggestion, thanks for the recommendation but I'm not looking for a super crazy router at this haha. I don't want to spend too much on the router since I have a couple of equipment I need to grab as well. :D Just want to look for a pretty good alternative to my e2500. It doesn't have any gigabit ports. :(

Ah the nighthawk suggestion, thanks for the recommendation but I'm not looking for a super crazy router at this haha. I don't want to spend too much on the router since I have a couple of equipment I need to grab as well. :D Just want to look for a pretty good alternative to my e2500. It doesn't have any gigabit ports. :(

you could just buy a gigabit switch for like 20$ and connect it to it

http://www.google.com/shopping/product/15387825884946793382?lsf=seller:10048,store:620096144207314648&prds=oid:13528108190298316449&hl=en&ei=iU77VIHvNIqxyQThp4G4AQ&kpid=565423&gclid=CMqbvZv6lsQCFQqtaQodZgwABQ

so all devices connected to that get gigabit to each other and then that switch connects to router

wifi devices can still connect to those

you could just buy a gigabit switch for like 20$ and connect it to it

http://www.google.com/shopping/product/15387825884946793382?lsf=seller:10048,store:620096144207314648&prds=oid:13528108190298316449&hl=en&ei=iU77VIHvNIqxyQThp4G4AQ&kpid=565423&gclid=CMqbvZv6lsQCFQqtaQodZgwABQ

so all devices connected to that get gigabit to each other and then that switch connects to router

wifi devices can still connect to those

Ah, thanks for the suggestion! I was actually just reading about the gigabit switches. I'm not too familiar with networking. It looks like a good solution though! So I can just connect my computer and server into the switch and then connect the switch to the router? 

"wifi devices can still connect to those"

So I can connect my computer's wireless connection onto the switch and it'll still allow the gigabit transfer speed between the computer and the server?

Ah, thanks for the suggestion! I was actually just reading about the gigabit switches. I'm not too familiar with networking. It looks like a good solution though! So I can just connect my computer and server into the switch and then connect the switch to the router? 

"wifi devices can still connect to those"

So I can connect my computer's wireless connection onto the switch and it'll still allow the gigabit transfer speed between the computer and the server?

you will net get gigbit over wifi no matter what you do, only the things plugged into the switch can gigabit with each other, 

For example

Desktop ----

Switch , these 2 get Gigbit with each other ------Router

server  -----

|

|

Laptop     Phones etc

first off wifi won't gigabit 

Laptop willl get (assuming its 802N) 100mbps to the desktop or server

unless you plug via ethernet to switch then gigabit

btw Switch doesn't give off wifi its just an ethernet splitter with Gigabit

you will net get gigbit over wifi no matter what you do, only the things plugged into the switch can gigabit with each other, 

For example

Desktop ----

Switch , these 2 get Gigbit with each other ------Router

server  -----

|

|

Laptop     Phones etc

first off wifi won't gigabit 

Laptop willl get (assuming its 802N) 100mbps to the desktop or server

unless you plug via ethernet to switch then gigabit

btw Switch doesn't give off wifi its just an ethernet splitter with Gigabit

Alright, that clears everything up. Thanks for you help!