Please read before asking about peripherals

I spend most of my time on this forum in this very "Peripherals" section. Time and time again, somebody will come along, asking about what sort of mouse to buy, not giving up a whole lot of information about how big their hands are, their budget, etc and before I can even speak a word I see two words - "Logitech G502."

So I would like to clear things up.

When asking about what sort of peripherals to buy, please include the following.

For mice:

• Include your budget for one.
  • Include your hand size in centimeters from the first bracelet of your wrist to the top of your middle finger.
  • Include what sort of grip you use, whether it's palm, claw, fingertip or some hybrid of the two or three.
  • If you have any other requirements like macros or a preference of sensor, please list these.

For keyboards:

For controllers:

• Budget.
  • Games you'll be playing with the controller. 
  • The controllers you've enjoyed previously.
  • Anything else you might want to include. 

Remember that anything that plugs into USB can technically be "Peripherals" but please keep in mind that things like microphones and gaming headsets and whatnot belong in the "Audio" subforum and people here generally won't be able to help you so much.

Here's a list of things I would consider to be "peripherals."

Mice

Keyboards

Controllers/racing wheels/flight simulation controllers

Mousepads

Numeric keypads

Desks

Chairs

Webcams

Some common things mentioned in peripherals that I don't personally feel belong here as they don't contribute to the usage of a computer in a way that makes it more comfortable.

Printers/Scanners

Random adapters

Headphones/audio in general

Pieces of random components. A monitor panel replacement, for example, is not a peripherals subject.

Optical drives (technically storage)

For people who recommend things in this subforum, PLEASE READ THIS.

STRMfrmXMN'S RULES TO LIVE BY (kinda)

1. The G502 is not the be-all and end-all of gaming mice.
  2. The Corsair K70 RGB is not the be-all and end-all of keyboards (good luck finding them in stock too...).
  3. Always ask the potential buyer for an outline of what they're trying to buy. Budget, specifics like hand size for mice and key switch preference for keyboards, and even things like country of origin should be thought of before "BUY X KEYBOARD."
  4. Remember, not everybody understands what Cherry MX Reds feel like or why a laser sensor may not be great for FPS gaming. They will likely need help.
  5. In the words of Wil Wheaton: "Don't be a dick."

Thanks to all who read this. This just covers things that I would wish be solved around here.

If you have any questions about peripherals, PM me and I'll help you out ;)

-STRMfrmXMN

This is @'s Guide To Constructive Criticism and you should read it.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Sweet guide(s), should be pinned. 

You are addressing common sense in a nice layout, too bad the majority on this forum doesn't have it and won't even read any guides or read-before-postings.

You are addressing common sense in a nice layout, too bad the majority on this forum doesn't have it and won't even read any guides or read-before-postings.

troooo

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||