600$ Gaming PC Help!

Go to solution Solved by Matriox,

How does this look: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/krvmK8

This is the cheapest new r9 270 I could find. Im 18$ over budget but my friend said he'd be fine with that.

Looks good to me and should preform much better than the 260x he won't regret it :D

Hey everybody, my buddy asked me to make him a 600$ (CAD) gaming pc to play games like GTA V, CS:GO, Gmod, Arma 2 and Minecraft. So far I have come up with this: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/LpHrhMDoes anyone have any recommendations? Thanks! (Please read list below)

• Processor: I chose the intel i3 4160 as my processor because of its great performance and low price point. It actually costs the same as some lower end i3's right now. I took the intel over amd's FX series because of its great upgrade path compared to the dead am3+ socket.
  • Motherboard: I chose the MSI CSM-H87M-G43 motherboard for its 4 ram slots that support 1600mhz+ ram, having a PCI-E 3.0 slot instead of a 2.0 and having a onboard usb 3.0 header. I wanted 4 ram slots so I could upgrade to a higher capacity and the usb 3.0 since my case has one.
  • Ram: I chose the G.Skill Sniper ram because it is the cheapest 8GB 1600mhz set available while still being very reliable and having a awesome and functional heat spreader.
  • Storage: I chose the Seagate Barracuda 1TB because it is the cheapest 1TB available while still coming from a very reliable manufacturer.
  • Graphics: I chose the VisionTek R7 260x as my gpu for its very efficient cooler, overclockability and cool look.
  • Case: I chose the Fractal Design Core 1000 as my case because it is considered one of the best budget cases on the market. It also has a understated look, high airflow design and usb 3.0 support.
  • Power supply: I chose the EVGA 500W power supply because it is very reliable, has 80+ certification and all the cables are braided.
  • Bluetooth adapter: I chose a ASUS bluetooth adapter because my friend has a bluetooth headset and needs a cheap adapter with good range.
  • Wi-Fi adapter: I chose a TP-Link Wi-Fi adapter because it is cheap and my friend is close to a range extender, so an antenna was not needed.

Hey everybody, my buddy asked me to make him a 600$ (CAD) gaming pc to play games like GTA V, CS:GO, Gmod, Arma 2 and Minecraft. So far I have come up with this: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/LpHrhMDoes anyone have any recommendations? Thanks! (Please read list below)

• Processor: I chose the intel i3 4160 as my processor because of its great performance and low price point. It actually costs the same as some lower end i3's right now. I took the intel over amd's FX series because of its great upgrade path compared to the dead am3+ socket.
  • Motherboard: I chose the MSI CSM-H87M-G43 motherboard for its 4 ram slots that support 1600mhz+ ram, having a PCI-E 3.0 slot instead of a 2.0 and having a onboard usb 3.0 header. I wanted 4 ram slots so I could upgrade to a higher capacity and the usb 3.0 since my case has one.
  • Ram: I chose the G.Skill Sniper ram because it is the cheapest 8GB 1600mhz set available while still being very reliable and having a awesome and functional heat spreader.
  • Storage: I chose the Seagate Barracuda 1TB because it is the cheapest 1TB available while still coming from a very reliable manufacturer.
  • Graphics: I chose the VisionTek R7 260x as my gpu for its very efficient cooler, overclockability and cool look.
  • Case: I chose the Fractal Design Core 1000 as my case because it is considered one of the best budget cases on the market. It also has a understated look, high airflow design and usb 3.0 support.
  • Power supply: I chose the EVGA 500W power supply because it is very reliable, has 80+ certification and all the cables are braided.
  • Bluetooth adapter: I chose a ASUS bluetooth adapter because my friend has a bluetooth headset and needs a cheap adapter with good range.
  • Wi-Fi adapter: I chose a TP-Link Wi-Fi adapter because it is cheap and my friend is close to a range extender, so an antenna was not needed.

I'd try to fit a 270 at least.. I've seen $300 builds with 260x's but if you really want your money's worth try ebay. They have fairly used cards for around $120 LIKE A 280! which will easily max 1080p

CPU¤Core i5 5675c ¤Cooler¤Ghetto water loop(Cheap tubing & block from amazon)¤GPU1¤Sapphire R9 290x Tri-x¤MOBO¤Asrock H97m Anniversary ¤RAM¤8GB DDR3 1866Mhz¤Storage¤2Tb SSHD & 320Gb HDD¤Case¤Cougar Spike Mini ITX case¤PowerSupply¤500w EVGA 80 plus¤

I'd try to fit a 270 at least.. I've seen $300 builds with 260x's but if you really want your money's worth try ebay. They have fairly used cards for around $120 LIKE A 280! which will easily max 1080p

Good idea, Ill see what I can find. Btw is it worth is spending extra for a "x" card or can i just overclock a non x card to match?

Good idea, Ill see what I can find. Btw is it worth is spending extra for a "x" card or can i just overclock a non x card to match?

from the 270 to the 270x you can definitely overclock and match. And honestly almost all amd cards are like that for example the 290 lol it scores like 2 frames off the 290x in nearly all benchmarks so my advice is try for a x but if not a non x is just fine and can sometimes be unlocked to an x  :D

CPU¤Core i5 5675c ¤Cooler¤Ghetto water loop(Cheap tubing & block from amazon)¤GPU1¤Sapphire R9 290x Tri-x¤MOBO¤Asrock H97m Anniversary ¤RAM¤8GB DDR3 1866Mhz¤Storage¤2Tb SSHD & 320Gb HDD¤Case¤Cougar Spike Mini ITX case¤PowerSupply¤500w EVGA 80 plus¤

from the 270 to the 270x you can definitely overclock and match. And honestly almost all amd cards are like that for example the 290 lol it scores like 2 frames off the 290x in nearly all benchmarks so my advice is try for a x but if not a non x is just fine and can sometimes be unlocked to an x  :D

This is the cheapest new r9 270 I could find. Im 18$ over budget but my friend said he'd be fine with that.

Looks good to me and should preform much better than the 260x he won't regret it :D