Yume V1.0 - First computer build and hopefully more to come!

Virgo

I would REALLY appreciate some constructive criticism on the parts and what works well and doesn't! I will mainly be using this computer for recording, streaming, and playing CS:GO, all those games that I can't play on my current HP AIO (no one wants it trust me..), and for editing/photoshop. I hope that this PC will last me for many years, and I want it to be perfect for when I have enough money. 

Just a note, I'm 16 and don't have a job. ALSO I would really like to keep this case.

PC: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/DivineGames/saved/vnRCmG

BACKSTORY:

I've been gaming on an HP Touchsmart520 PC for several years now (Family fell for the 'IT'S TOUCHSCREEN' trap) and it's absolutely horrible. I run CS:GO on the lowest settings at 720p just to scrape by with 40-50FPS. This machine is clearly made for looks rather than gaming. I've had enough of the unplayable frames for almost every game, and I need to upgrade to one with better specs. Slowly, I am saving up cash to pay for the computer. Obviously, I'll be able to upgrade in the future, but this is the bare minimum. If anyone has any suggestions as to what I can cut down and save money on, please please PLEASE help!

tl;dr I'm poor and my PC is worse than Linus' puns..

if your in calgary I know a few people with really good deals on PSU's

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

if your in calgary I know a few people with really good deals on PSU's

I'm a Richmond fellow! Is the cost for shipping expensive?

I'm a Richmond fellow! Is the cost for shipping expensive?

no idea

PM and ill send you the email

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Looks good, though you may run into clearance issues with that RAM and the 212 evo, perhaps get the Kingston HyperX Fury Red 8GB (2x4GB) kit instead? it won't cause any issues with it for sure. (I've got hyperx fury black 8GB (2x4GB) right now, no problems with it, and it looks great too)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Looks good, though you may run into clearance issues with that RAM and the 212 evo, perhaps get the Kingston HyperX Fury Red 8GB (2x4GB) kit instead? it won't cause any issues with it for sure. (I've got hyperx fury black 8GB (2x4GB) right now, no problems with it, and it looks great too)

Thanks a bunch for the info! Clearance issues = space?

op,everything else is fine except the ssd and the harddrive.... get a wd blue for the hdd and a mx100 or something for the ssd 1: pny ssd's have the same nand issue the kingstons have 2: seagate hdd's fail faster

Tenkyu for feedback! Are either of those options a lot more expensive? I was planning on the WD HD, but was blinded by the prices AHA!

Thanks a bunch for the info! Clearance issues = space?

Tenkyu for feedback! Are either of those options a lot more expensive? I was planning on the WD HD, but was blinded by the prices AHA!

Kinda, if you have RAM that is too tall, sometimes the CPU cooler will be too close to the mobo for the ram to fit. (so low profile RAM is a good choice when going with air coolers)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Kinda, if you have RAM that is too tall, sometimes the CPU cooler will be too close to the mobo for the ram to fit. (so low profile RAM is a good choice when going with air coolers)

I'll make sure to change that on the partpicker list! Thanks ^_^

wd blue costs 50$ and contact @Captain_WD and @Mighty_Miro_WD for a break maybe on the prices

Alright, I'll try! Thanks for the info :D