Dual SLi water cooling

Two GTX 970's in SLi with the following setup:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=413963&action=wish_lists

My country's currency has been discussed literally to death so please ignore it.

• EK Full Cover VGA Block EK-FC970 GTX ACX Acetal Nickel (x2 for dual SLi)
  • EK FC Terminal Dual Serial
  • EK CoolStream PE 240 Dual Radiator
  • Noctua NF-F12 Industrial PPC 120mm 3000RPM PWM Fan (x2)
  • Tubing options:
  1. PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing Black 3/8ID 5/8OD 3m
  2. PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing Black 1/2ID 3/4OD 3m
  3. PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing Black 7/16ID 5/8OD 3m
  • Pump/Reservoir combo options (based on available case space):
  1. EK XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Reservoir Combo
  2. EK D5 Vario X-RES 140 EK D5 Vario X-RES 140
  • EK CSQ 13/19mm G1/4 Compression Fitting Black (many of them)

What does everyone think so far? Missed anything important or have i got some things wrong?

I'ld personally go 3/8 tubing and the xres. I'm a sucker for a good tube res

I am not the slightest bit interested in looks. Always function over anything else. So that means whatever tubing works the best regardless of its looks - as odd as it sounds, i want my case to NOT stand out as best as possible. 

I am not entirely sure what 3/8 means but i am thinking its perhaps diameter in your Imperial inches?

go with 3/8 ID 5/8 OD tubing its the more widely used tubing

go with the d5 Vario pump combo

i would go with a 360mm rad if possible or  two 240s if you can fit them otherwise a single 240 should be fine but the fans might have to spin faster and make more noise

I am not the slightest bit interested in looks. Always function over anything else. So that means whatever tubing works the best regardless of its looks - as odd as it sounds, i want my case to NOT stand out as best as possible. 

I am not entirely sure what 3/8 means but i am thinking its perhaps diameter in your Imperial inches?

3/8 inch internal diameter of the tubing, that you listed in your parts?

If your not interested in style then any res will do the trick

go with 3/8 ID 5/8 OD tubing its the more widely used tubing

go with the d5 Vario pump combo

i would go with a 360mm rad if possible or  two 240s if you can fit them otherwise a single 240 should be fine but the fans might have to spin faster and make more noise

Wow. This is exactly what i am after. Advice!

I will go with one 240 as fan noise is not the least bit of a concern to me. I can crank my card's twin fans, my CPU's water cooled twin fans and all 5 of my case fans to max RPM and it would only mildly bother me. I am going to be using the 3000RPM PPC Noctua 120mm fans because of their speed. 

But i will put the 3/8 ID 5/8 OD tubing, the D5 Vario and the single 240 on my list.

Thanks so much for that.

3/8 inch internal diameter of the tubing, that you listed in your parts?

If your not interested in style then any res will do the trick

No problem. I would paint the clear reservoir black as well, but i think i may need to see the water to get a warning of problems. 

Oh and i converted the old imperial to metric which now makes much more sense. 10/16 is what 3/8 ID 5/8 OD tubing refers to. 10mm ID and 16mm OD. Exactly what EK states on their cooling configurator website!

Upon visual inpsection of my motherboard (Asus z97 Deluxe), i found i had the wrong terminal connector that goes between the two cards. 

Also found that the terminal itself states that it isnt compatible with CSQ design full cover water blocks. The fittings EK makes come in many varieties and so what i have found are the 10mm/16mm - WHICH ARE CSQ no less. So scrolling down further in the configurator, there is one fitting that only states 16mm.

So I have changed the tubing to 13/19mm so as to be compatible with both the fittings - which i have also changed to 13/19mm and the terminal. The terminal that i have available to me from EK, requires no CSQ design connections so i have eliminated anything that stated those 3 letters. It is really difficult finding compatible parts when both imperial and metric are used and never on the same page!