HTPC using tuners on another networked pc

Hello,

I am planning to set up a HTPC system in my house and I have a server where I plan to host all of the data from (movies,music,etc) but I would also like to host the turners on this server and the htpc in front of the tv access tv from the server the reason for this is I only want a  ssd in the htpc so there is no noise at all (I'm using passive cooling) I would also like the guide to be viewed on the htpc and also schedule recordings from there that are recorded straight to the server even if the htpc isn't running if possible people were able to watch live tv and recorded tv from any pc in the house. I doubt this exists but if someone has managed it I would be very grateful for you to share your knowledge with me.  

The Cake is a Lie...

me neither but maybe someone new of a way

The Cake is a Lie...

MediaPortal may have what you're looking for

--Xenon-VI - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.34V (Gib 4950X) - MSI MEG X570 Unify -  48GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3600MHz - MSI WindForce // NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti @ 2GHz Core 7GHz Mem flashed with 350W BIOS (SOLD, Temporary 1660 waiting for 3090) - 240GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIE - OS Drive - 1TB SanDisk Ultra II SSD - 1TB Crucial BX500 SSD (SHIT, DONT BUY) - 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SSD - EVGA 750W G2 80+ Gold - Lian Li O11D - 9x Corsair SP120RGB - Corsair Commander - Corsair Hydro X Pump/Res - 360mm Thicc Radiator - Hydro X CPU Block - 3090 Waterblock soon come 

1x Acer 27" XV273K 4K 144Hz G-Sync - 1x LG 24UD58 24" 3840x2160 60Hz - 1x Iiyama 28" 3840x2160 60Hz - Valve Index Headset! 

Corsair K95 Platinum RGB MX Reds & Corsair Dark Core RGB 
Philips Fidelio X2HR w/ JDSLabs Atom & Topping D10 DSD DAC

i use mediaportal for this ..i have a Pc that stored all my media and pc tv tuner, which is networked via ehternet to the actual mediaportal pc (connected to a big screen 5.1 etc)

MP has been designed this way for a long time and can even stream out live or recored tv, music, movies, tv shows over the internet to your mobile device =)

www.team-mediaportal.com

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

i use mediaportal for this ..i have a Pc that stored all my media and pc tv tuner, which is networked via ehternet to the actual mediaportal pc (connected to a big screen 5.1 etc)

MP has been designed this way for a long time and can even stream out live or recored tv, music, movies, tv shows over the internet to your mobile device =)

www.team-mediaportal.com

Indeed,

...On All Your PCs

If you have more than one PC in your home, you no longer have to install a TV card into every one. Simply place your TV card(s) in one PC and install MediaPortal with the "Dedicated TV server" option. Then, on all your other PCs install the "MediaPortal client" option to receive live, or recorded TV, and TV guide data from your server.

http://www.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-features/television

--Xenon-VI - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.34V (Gib 4950X) - MSI MEG X570 Unify -  48GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3600MHz - MSI WindForce // NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti @ 2GHz Core 7GHz Mem flashed with 350W BIOS (SOLD, Temporary 1660 waiting for 3090) - 240GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIE - OS Drive - 1TB SanDisk Ultra II SSD - 1TB Crucial BX500 SSD (SHIT, DONT BUY) - 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SSD - EVGA 750W G2 80+ Gold - Lian Li O11D - 9x Corsair SP120RGB - Corsair Commander - Corsair Hydro X Pump/Res - 360mm Thicc Radiator - Hydro X CPU Block - 3090 Waterblock soon come 

1x Acer 27" XV273K 4K 144Hz G-Sync - 1x LG 24UD58 24" 3840x2160 60Hz - 1x Iiyama 28" 3840x2160 60Hz - Valve Index Headset! 

Corsair K95 Platinum RGB MX Reds & Corsair Dark Core RGB 
Philips Fidelio X2HR w/ JDSLabs Atom & Topping D10 DSD DAC

• 1 month later...

just checked this thread again thanks so much guys this seems to be what I'm looking for... I'll have to test it. Thank again :)

The Cake is a Lie...