please help

fryk29

What's your budget like and what board will it be going on? If you don't have the board picked, then what's your total upgrade budget? 

hello

i have GTX 970, and now im buying processor

will the i3 4370 be good? (im building this PC for gaming)

i heard that in games "single core performance" matters, and i3 4370 has the same single core performance as the i5 4690k

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-4690K-vs-Intel-Core-i3-4370

thank you

Buy an i5-4690k + Z97 motherboard to go with your GTX970.

Avoid websites like CPUboss and passmark.net.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

my budget is 

processor - up to 200€

mobo - up to 100€

my budget is 

processor - up to 200€

mobo - up to 100€

If you can afford something better then dont get the i3... Get an i5 4460 instead.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

my budget is 

processor - up to 200€

mobo - up to 100€

Could you afford an i5 4690k? You should be able to afford a z97 board. 

hello

i have GTX 970, and now im buying processor

will the i3 4370 be good? (im building this PC for gaming)

i heard that in games "single core performance" matters, and i3 4370 has the same single core performance as the i5 4690k

thank you

The i3 does have roughly the same single core performance as the i5 but the i5 is unlocked which allows hefty overclocks on top of having 4 true cores. The i5 is going to last you much much longer and give you a better experience in games. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

okay, i can get the i5 4460 for about same price in my country.

so it will be better? im building this pc only for gaming

Welcome to the forums! Firstly avoid the cpuboss/gpuboss websites and similar as their results are for one specific testing environment and potentially don't represent real world experience/results. Secondly if you're going to get a graphics card like the 970 it's best to pair it with an equally adequate cpu to avoid performance loss, especially in cpu intensive games. The 4690k is a great option but if budget is king a "non k" or non-unlocked cpu will be just fine and doesn't need a more expensive motherboard to back it up.

TL:DR

4690k ideally

4690/4590 for small cost cut

if i3 get cheaper graphics card

Welcome to the forums! Firstly avoid the cpuboss/gpuboss websites and similar as their results are for one specific testing environment and potentially don't represent real world experience/results. Secondly if you're going to get a graphics card like the 970 it's best to pair it with an equally adequate cpu to avoid performance loss, especially in cpu intensive games. The 4690k is a great option but if budget is king a "non k" or non-unlocked cpu will be just fine and doesn't need a more expensive motherboard to back it up.

TL:DR

4690k ideally

4690/4590 for small cost cut

if i3 get cheaper graphics card

thank you 

so the i5 4460 will do the job with 970?

okay, i can get the i5 4460 for about same price in my country.

so it will be better? im building this pc only for gaming

a 4460 will be adequate for most games but won't be as good in games like arma 2/3 or DayZ. What games are you looking to play?

a 4460 will be adequate for most games but won't be as good in games like arma 2/3 or DayZ. What games are you looking to play?

all new games :)

ok, i raised my budget a bit, i can get 4590, that'll do it?

all new games :)

ok, i raised my budget a bit, i can get 4590, that'll do it?

I'd be happy with a 4590 and 970. Great price to performance and should handle most games.

I'd be happy with a 4590 and 970. Great price to performance and should handle most games.

great, thank you very much :)

Yeah, that's a decent board. There's not much difference in price between the two though, so it might actually be better to go with the Z97 board in this case. If you can find one for around 20 EUR cheaper, I would go for that. 

Yeah, that's a decent board. There's not much difference in price between the two though, so it might actually be better to go with the Z97 board in this case. If you can find one for around 20 EUR cheaper, I would go for that. 

yes, i heard that if you don't intend to overclock cpu (which i obviously wont, cuz its not K) any mobo should be good right?

do mobos affect gaming?

yes, i heard that if you don't intend to overclock cpu (which i obviously wont, cuz its not K) any mobo should be good right?

do mobos affect gaming?

Yeah, the B85 and H97 chipsets are fine if you're not overclocking. 

Motherboards don't effect performance in games. 

do mobos affect gaming?

No, however motherboards with good onboard audio (such as the h97 killer i suggested) do improve crosstalk and clarity of the sound somewhat. I live in austria and an i5 4460 w/ a h97 killer is under 300 euros and is IMO an ideal setup :)
Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

No, however motherboards with good onboard audio (such as the h97 killer i suggested) do improve crosstalk and clarity of the sound somewhat. I live in austria and an i5 4460 w/ a h97 killer is under 300 euros and is IMO an ideal setup :)

well, im from Slovenia :) i heard you have some nice stores in Austria, but i need the store that ships to Slovenia, Caseking does

well, im from Slovenia :) i heard you have some nice stores in Austria, but i need the store that ships to Slovenia, Caseking does

Oh, but what i suggested still comes in under 300 euros i suppose. Most austrian e tailers do not ship outside of austria. Hardwareversand.de is another reputable etailer that ships to slovenia. My online slovenian friends buy their parts from http://www.agt.si/ so i suggest having a look there as well :)

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4