GPU backplates?

1Scotty1

Hey,

anyone know of any e-shops (Europe) that sell GPU backplates? Preferably custom made? I have two EVGA 970 SSC and the top one is getting a custom made backplate, but that puppy was 70€ :blink: so no way I am getting a second one, mainly because I have 1-slot spacing and it wouldnt be seen that much. I just want something simple. I wanted EKWB, but they dont work as standalone units :(

The only one I found was Coldzero - http://www.coldzero.eu/

And the custom made one looks like this:

nnzysft.jpg

Thanks for the help

The 'GTX 970' gonna need to be engraved because the 0 won't stay in place when cut out.

I know, the backplate is done already and shipped to me... it consists of two plates, one black at the bottom and one white secured on top, so that is taken care of ;) I think the creator took this into consideration, when making them :) I just want another one for the bottom GPU, but a simple look like EKWB would be enough, but as I said, they dont work as standalone units (or that is just EKWB told me).

I dont mean to highjack the thread aha, but anyone know a place in the US like ColdZero, I'd love a backplate for my MSI 970.

Case: NZXT H440 | CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5 GHz | GPU: MSI 970, Kraken G10 | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Cooler: H100i | PSU: Corsair AX750 w/ Sleeved Cables | Display: 3xBenQ RL2455M | Fans: 5xNoctua NF-F12, 1xBitFenix Spectre |

With SLI config, the bottom card is better off without a backplate.

If there was no spacing, I wouldnt care, but there is 1slot space between the cards, so... why not :) that is why I want a simple looking one like EKWB

• 1 year later...
On 26-2-2015 at 9:25 AM, huilun02 said:

The 'GTX 970' gonna need to be engraved because the 0 won't stay in place when cut out.

If you're still looking for one: www.v1tech.com 

41 minutes ago, Vito28 said:

If you're still looking for one: www.v1tech.com 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 12GB + Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

Case: Asus ROG Strix Helios Gundam Edition Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 850P

On February 26, 2015 at 4:14 AM, chopdok said:

With SLI config, the bottom card is better off without a backplate.

Without a backplate I assume any 970 would sag a bit like my MSI 970 does.  It's why I'm not bothering considering MSI when upgrading to a 1070 because I don't want to risk newer cards of theirs not having backplates to keep them from sagging.  The only reason I have an MSI 970 is because that's what came in my formerly prebuilt desktop. (upgraded to correct a few insufficient parts that came in it hence the "former")

Dudes, necroing a year and a half old thread... I since moved to a custom loop with EKWB goodies, so this is irrelevant 

1 minute ago, 1Scotty1 said:

Dudes, necroing a year and a half old thread... I since moved to a custom loop with EKWB goodies, so this is irrelevant 

Oops sorry.  I just noticed the date.  Also have I said how much I hate that my MSI GTX 970 sags?  lol

What does EKWB mean?