Phantom 630 or Cosmos II?

WhatImSaiyan

Okay, so I'm already planning for my next build either the end of this year or beginning of next year depending on when Nvidia's Maxwell will be coming out (also waiting on the 1150 cpus) and I want this to be my first full on liquid cooling system (meaning with gpu, cpu, and mobo?). I've done liquid cooling before, but not w/ the gpu. I just want to know your thoughts on these two cases I'm set on right now. I ONLY WANT YOUR OPINION, don't tell me go for this or that because ultimately it's my choice.

Phantom 630

-I really like how it's all aluminum? Minus the hard drive slots, I know those are rubber.

-The SSD storage on the back of the case is a plus to me.

-It looks like I can make quite the build.

Cosmos II

-It's a silent case.

-Cable management will look really clean as well as the tubing.

-ONE THING....I hear people saying it's very difficult to work with when doing liquid cooling, but I see a lot of people having no problem.

-ALSO, I don't know if a 360 radiator will fit in there?

NOTE: This is just a work in progress until new technology is introduced. ALSO, does anyone know if Coolermaster will be doing a Cosmos III?

Ok, my opinion would be Cosmos II if I had the money. I prefer the look of it as it is sleek and simple. It's also very big, would look amazing next to a desk.

Good Morning...

For what you're paying I am not happy with the buildability if that's a word with the Cosmos. You can chuck a 360 in the top, up to a 140 in the back and a 240 in the side on the drive cage yet you're paying $350ish. Compare that to the Corsair 900D that's about to be released with from memory something like 2 480's, a 360 and a 120 totalling 14 x 120mm yet comes in at around the same price point. With the Cosmos you're paying mainly for the aesthetics of the case - the aluminium panels ect.

With the SSD mount on the back of the MB tray - you could yourself either drill the holes for one or hack up a 3.5" to 2.5" draw and slim it down before bolting it to the back.

All sort of depends on how serious you want to go with your cooling solution - single loop or dual ect. If you want to get really serious then I would have a good look at the 900D when it's released.

For what you're paying I am not happy with the buildability if that's a word with the Cosmos. You can chuck a 360 in the top' date=' up to a 140 in the back and a 240 in the side on the drive cage yet you're paying $350ish. Compare that to the Corsair 900D that's about to be released with from memory something like 2 480's, a 360 and a 120 totalling 14 x 120mm yet comes in at around the same price point. With the Cosmos you're paying mainly for the aesthetics of the case - the aluminium panels ect. With the SSD mount on the back of the MB tray - you could yourself either drill the holes for one or hack up a 3.5" to 2.5" draw and slim it down before bolting it to the back. All sort of depends on how serious you want to go with your cooling solution - single loop or dual ect. If you want to get really serious then I would have a good look at the 900D when it's released. [/quote']

Yeah I forgot to mention about the 900D. I saw the prototype and they are still making more adjustments to that case. Thanks for the input! Keep em' coming! I'm pretty sure my decision on the case will change as time goes by haha.

Hey WhatImSaiyan I have the cosmos II and its not hard for water cooling but what I find is all the fan cables that come with it if you want a clean look it can be a little hard.

I was torn between the Corsair 900D or the Cooler Master Cosmos II (got the cosmos and would never change it

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️

Hey WhatImSaiyan I have the cosmos II and its not hard for water cooling but what I find is all the fan cables that come with it if you want a clean look it can be a little hard. I was torn between the Corsair 900D or the Cooler Master Cosmos II (got the cosmos and would never change it

What do you mean torn between the Corsair 900D and the Cosmos II?

NOTE: The 900D is in the game now haha.

For what you're paying I am not happy with the buildability if that's a word with the Cosmos. You can chuck a 360 in the top' date=' up to a 140 in the back and a 240 in the side on the drive cage yet you're paying $350ish. Compare that to the Corsair 900D that's about to be released with from memory something like 2 480's, a 360 and a 120 totalling 14 x 120mm yet comes in at around the same price point. With the Cosmos you're paying mainly for the aesthetics of the case - the aluminium panels ect. With the SSD mount on the back of the MB tray - you could yourself either drill the holes for one or hack up a 3.5" to 2.5" draw and slim it down before bolting it to the back. All sort of depends on how serious you want to go with your cooling solution - single loop or dual ect. If you want to get really serious then I would have a good look at the 900D when it's released. [/quote']

Yeah I forgot to mention about the 900D. I saw the prototype and they are still making more adjustments to that case. Thanks for the input! Keep em' coming! I'm pretty sure my decision on the case will change as time goes by haha.

I know what you mean about changing :P Started my build 2 months ago with SLI'd 680's and a 3770, now ending up with something completely different :P Better to take the time to decide than to rush in and ruin it.

Is it a liquid cooling build you did?

The cosmos 2 doesn't have much rad space for the price, that's what people are saying r.e. the watercooling issue.