A huge problem

Mrbluee

I have a Lenovo G50-70 and I zero filled the hard drive but when I go to install the OS (windows 8) it's says "Couldn't create new partition or locate existing one. For more information, see Setup log file" error message”. I have made sure that there is no SD card inside. I have also tried the command line to partition the drive and that still doesn't work. What should I do?. Ok, then my problem gets worse I get a second HDD to try and that boots up windows 7 but always ask me to repair it without actually doing anything, I could still use the OS but it is inconvenient so I decided to format that hard drive and when I go to install windows 8 I get the same message again and even with windows 7. Maybe it's something with the BIOS?. I have no idea what to do, I might just have to get a new HDD but I don't really see this working tbh. Do you know what's the problem and a working solution?

"My Profile Picture Says Everything You Need To Know About Life"

If you are using a USB 3.0 stick to install windows try using a USB 2 one instead. I've had lots of problems trying to install windows from USB 3 sticks that were resolved just by using a USB 2 stick instead.

Intel Core i7 4790K >> MSI Z87I Gaming AC (MS-7887) >> G.Skill Ripjaws 2133 16GB >> Zotac GTX 980 >> Corsair 250D >> Samsung 840 Evo 250GB >> OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W >> Acer K2 27" Widescreen LED Monitor  (K272HLBMID) >> Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 MX Brown Switch Red RGB LED 87KEYS Mechanical Keyboard >> Mionix Avior 7000 >> HyperX Cloud

What are you using to install windows 8? (Flash drive? Disk?, if using a flash drive, try a different flash drive, or a different usb port)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

If you are using a USB 3.0 stick to install windows try using a USB 2 one instead. I've had lots of problems trying to install windows from USB 3 sticks that were resolved just by using a USB 2 stick instead.

this

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)