Adapter doesn't support HDCP...?

toastythomas
Go to solution Solved by Aniallation,

I really don't know. I will link you to the Roxio post. http://bit.ly/1FQBasN

Why don't you just use a DVI cable for your monitor and a HDMI for the capture card and mirror the outputs?

Over on the Roxio community I was told that my adapter doesn't support HDCP that is emitted by my Roxio Game Capture HD Pro. They then left me with the whole HDMI splitter option with no links. I know it's a little lazy, but I do not have time for that and would instead like a straightforward option. Is there an adapter that goes from HDMI Female to DVI Male? Or will I have to get an HDMI splitter? If so, which one will do the trick of removing HDCP?

Here is the pathway.

Computer -> HDMI Cord -> Roxio Input -> Roxio Output -> HDMI Cord -> Adapter (Nothing is displayed but can be cleary shown on laptop via USB cable from Roxio that it is recording fine)  -> DVI Input on Monitor

Remember to drink water!

I really don't know. I will link you to the Roxio post. http://bit.ly/1FQBasN

He's right. It's why the new consoles disabled HDCP with updates. There may still be HDCP strippers and such floating around the internet. I haven't seen them in a while though.

edit: DVI-D is supposed to be HDCP compliant as well. What are you trying to capture?

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Why don't you just use a DVI cable for your monitor and a HDMI for the capture card and mirror the outputs?

That is definitely a more elegant solution than using a splitter or adapter. 

It doesn't capture unless it outputs into the HDMI. If I output to the DVI then it won't capture the HDMI.

Remember to drink water!

It doesn't capture unless it outputs into the HDMI. If I output to the DVI then it won't capture the HDMI.

When mirroring, both HDMI and DVI will be outputting (the same image)

"Rawr XD"

When mirroring, both HDMI and DVI will be outputting (the same image)

How do you mirror an image?

Remember to drink water!

How do you mirror an image?

With two outputs connected, in Windows hold the Windows key and press P. Choose "duplicate"

"Rawr XD"

With two outputs connected, in Windows hold the Windows key and press P. Choose "duplicate"

But there is no HDMI port on my monitor.

Remember to drink water!

But there is no HDMI port on my monitor.

GPU -> HDMI Cable -> Capture card

GPU -> DVI cable -> monitor

"Rawr XD"