Screws for homemade acrylic GTX780 backplate

Winther

Hey!

simple question:

Anyone know if its possible to get some longer screws so I can make a 780 backplate myself?

I am thinking I just need the 4 screws for around the GPU itself :)

And just to be safe, anyone know if the acrylic will melt, from what I know cards dont get hot on the back,

but im a little worrid about right behind the GPU itself?

(Comming soon)

If you have good cooling you should be fine, and why not get machine screws?

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

best option would be to take out a screw and take it to a local store that sells different types, get a worker there to help you and just ask for slightly longer 1s for a mod you want to do. 

most backplates you can buy come with them anyway so it would be best just to get 1 and then spray it a different colour, or if you are set on making 1 you shouldn't need longer 1s aslong as you indent the screw heads so they have a better seating on the screws that come with the gpu should be perfect as they are generally set with spring mounts on the over side

Character artist in the Games industry.

My metal back plates have gotten fairly hot, although i dont think that they aren't touching any part of the gpu. I've seen people use acrylic backplates but they had waterblocks on their gpus, so maybe watch out. You may be in trouble with if your gpu constantly gets above 80 degrees c while gaming.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I will be watercooling and might get the xspc backplate, just wouldnt mind saving a little and might be able to make some nice lighting effects with an acrylic backplate.. :)

best option would be to take out a screw and take it to a local store that sells different types, get a worker there to help you and just ask for slightly longer 1s for a mod you want to do. 

most backplates you can buy come with them anyway so it would be best just to get 1 and then spray it a different colour, or if you are set on making 1 you shouldn't need longer 1s aslong as you indent the screw heads so they have a better seating on the screws that come with the gpu should be perfect as they are generally set with spring mounts on the over side

I have been thinking about using the standard screws actually, but dont know if they are long enough, could take them off and have a look though.

(Comming soon)

• 2 weeks later...

My metal back plates have gotten fairly hot, although i dont think that they aren't touching any part of the gpu. I've seen people use acrylic backplates but they had waterblocks on their gpus, so maybe watch out. You may be in trouble with if your gpu constantly gets above 80 degrees c while gaming.

There supposed to get hot they a extra little bit of cooling, however small it is

Work Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | GPU: Quadro K1200 | Motherboard: EVGA Z97 Classified | RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3-2133Mhz | PSU: Seasonic 750W SS-750KM3 80 PLUS Gold | STORAGE: WD 1TB Se Enterprise Grade Drive & Corsair Neutron NX500 400GB NVMe PCIe  | COOLER: Enermax Liqtech 240 -  5x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 2000 PWM | CASE: Corsair 600C | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals: Logitech MX Master 2S -- Logitech K840 -- INTEL X520 10Gb NIC -- 3x Acer H236HL -- Build Log | 

Work Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 | Model: Cisco UCS C220 M4 (SFF) | RAM: 64GB (4x16GB) Cisco (Samsung) DDR4 2133Mhz | STORAGE: 4x Cisco (Seagate) 900GB 10K 2.5" (RAID 10) - 2x 32GB Cisco FlexFlash Boot Drive (RAID 1) | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | 

Laptop | CPU: Intel Core i7 6700HQ | GPU: Nvidia GTX 960M 2GB GDDR5 | RAM: 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400Mhz | STORAGE: 512GB Hynix NVMe | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

Gaming Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G  | Motherboard: ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING-ITX | RAM: Ballistix Elite 32GB Kit (16GB x 2) DDR4-3000 | PSU: Silverstone SX700-LPT 700w 80 PLUS Platinum | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 970 PRO 1TB NVMe | COOLER: Noctua NH-L12 | CASE: Louqe Ghost S1 | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Build Log in Progress | 

Home Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2690 (Sandy Bridge) | GPU: Quadro P2000 | Motherboard: SUPERMICRO X9SRL-F  | RAM: 64GB (8x8GB) Micron VLP DDR3-1600 ECC | PSU: SUPERMICRO 665W 80 PLUS Bronze | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB (RAID 1) - 4x WD 8TB Ultrastar (RAID 10) - Intel SSD D3-S4510 Series 240GB (BOOT)  | COOLER: Noctua NH-U12DXi4 with 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000 PWM | CASE: SUPERMICRO CSE-842TQ-665B 4U | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | Build Log in Progress |

| Pixel 4XL 128GB - Clearly White - Unlocked - Carrier: Visible |

| F@H STATS |