Partition - The Right way & the Left way [Seeking Input]

MoonSpot

Had a Mac OS Partition that I never got working on my HDX18.  Now Just tried to reallocate the space to my Steam partition, primarily to consolidate partitions to limit drive letters...because too many are annoying.

nHAt8Jx.jpg

(*Don't worry about the F drive being listed as active in the image.  Already diskpart and made inactive.)

And I am now "recalling" issues with extending partitions "leftward in the applications GUI" as an insurmountable task for windows, and in this instance 8.1pro.  Probably because the platters in my SSD are the types that strap lefthanded data into being right, like how the nun's of old used to beat the wickedness out of lefties /end sarcasm.

Anyways, this is a pain in the ***.  I'm not going to buy partition magic again just for this, and I'm having a bit of an issue clonezilla at the moment.  Any freeware that isn't spyware known to be out there?  Or is there some incredibly easy way/tool that I'm not aware of or thinking about?

What about GParted?

That worked, thanks!

An issue I've come across off the bat with it though is that the drive that was resized is no longer recognized by the windows optimization tool.  Which will probably become

an issue sooner rather than later.  I'll have to dig a bit and see if I can find out why GParted had that effect and mechanism(s) are also affected, but for now I'm good.

Thanks again ^_^

lIefgaZ.jpg

NVM.  Ran error checking and windows found no errors, but the drive just now shows up in the optimization tool.  Didn't the last several times I opened it.  Just needed a 20 minute kick start i guess :shrugs:

Good to hear it works now!

This will probably save me some time when I no longer use Windows 7.   :D