Get a new headset or an external microphone

Van Der Shah

I am currently using a Plantronics headset and the mic died. So, instead of getting a new headset would it be better to get an external mic with the arm. 

I like pie

i5 4690k @ 3.5 Ghz  -- Asrock z87 Extreme 4 -- Asus GTX 970 Strix -- 8GB Kingston DDR3 @ 1600Mhz -- Phanteks PH-TC14PE -- Crucial M500 120GB SSD -- Seagate 1TB SSHD -- Super Flower 600W Semi-modular PSU -- Phanteks Enthoo Pro -- Benq GL2460 

Mmmmm.. I would go for a headset but since you're satisfied with these, then go with a mic.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

If you are happy with the headset it would be better to get a microphone since you would be able to put more money on it.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

go for a mic, @alby800 just bought a samson meteor and it sounds really really good for the price, then after you have bought your mic i would buy a better pair of headphones, something from senheiser or a big company that is known for making good products :P

u wot m7+1

I also got a samson meteor mic,got it for a couple of months now,awsome mic for a awesome price.

I really recommended it.

some aftermarket mic is good and if you're in a hurry some cheap ones should do fine.

Live your life like a dream.

What are some of the mics that you guys recommend ?

I like pie

i5 4690k @ 3.5 Ghz  -- Asrock z87 Extreme 4 -- Asus GTX 970 Strix -- 8GB Kingston DDR3 @ 1600Mhz -- Phanteks PH-TC14PE -- Crucial M500 120GB SSD -- Seagate 1TB SSHD -- Super Flower 600W Semi-modular PSU -- Phanteks Enthoo Pro -- Benq GL2460 

What are some of the mics that you guys recommend ?

Modmic is alright, just make sure you have a good soundcard to get the full use out of it. If not, get a USB external mic like this.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H