Black and White color scheme build

Hey guys,

I have a plan in mind, and all the hardware is in my Newegg Cart!

here is the specs:

Case: NZXT Phantom 530 (White)

MOBO: MSI z97 SLI Krait Edition

Processor: i5 4690k

GPU: EVGA 04G-P4-2983-KR GTX 980

RAM: 2x8 1866 HyperX Fury (White)

Power: EVGA 850w SuperNova Gold

CPU Cooling: Kraken x61

Monitor: LG 2550x1080p IPS Display using a DisplayPort cable

I have a question nagging my brain that is really driving me nuts!

Is it best to have the intakes in the front sides and bottom with exhaust on the top and rear?

Or can I invert the motherboard and have the radiator blowing out the bottom with a fan intake at the top?

Any more recommendations or this build would be sweet, and I will post pictures of the final product on this thread in the next few weeks.

Hey guys,

I have a plan in mind, and all the hardware is in my Newegg Cart!

here is the specs:

Case: NZXT Phantom 530 (White)

MOBO: MSI z97 SLI Krait Edition

Processor: i5 4690k

GPU: EVGA 04G-P4-2983-KR GTX 980

RAM: 2x8 1866 HyperX Fury (White)

Power: EVGA 850w SuperNova Gold

CPU Cooling: Kraken x61

Monitor: LG 2550x1080p IPS Display using a DisplayPort cable

I have a question nagging my brain that is really driving me nuts!

Is it best to have the intakes in the front sides and bottom with exhaust on the top and rear?

Or can I invert the motherboard and have the radiator blowing out the bottom with a fan intake at the top?

Any more recommendations or this build would be sweet, and I will post pictures of the final product on this thread in the next few weeks.

consider a galas HOF 980 for a white build

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

I took it into consideration, however to stick with a more streamline design I went with the EVGA, but you are absolutely right, the HOF is a gorgeous card!

I'm also adding CCFL UV lights to make the white parts glow!

I took it into consideration, however to stick with a more streamline design I went with the EVGA, but you are absolutely right, the HOF is a gorgeous card!

I'm also adding CCFL UV lights to make the white parts glow!

Would you consider the Raijintek Triton as the CPU cooler? Newegg shows those 3 different colors, but the water is actually crystal clear (and you die it yourself), so you could just not die it for some slick cooling.

Just some food for thought.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Would you consider the Raijintek Triton as the CPU cooler? Newegg shows those 3 different colors, but the water is actually crystal clear (and you die it yourself), so you could just not die it for some slick cooling.

Just some food for thought.

Just looked at it. I will Definitely check out performance on that product as it could save me 40 bucks on a watercooler. I do like the ability to customize the color of the liquid as well. Is there a coolant/dye that would react with UV light? maybe emitting a purple or white glow.