Weird issue I can't make sense of

Godcer

I have experienced some really weird issues lately. I think it might have something to do with my USB ports. My headset just kind of stops working sometimes (Logitech G430 USB-headset), I have to change the USB port and it works again. Right now I have it connected in a USB 3.0 port and I have gotten no more problems so far. I am also currently skyping and noticed something very strange. I am the host of a group-chat in Skype and when I remove my headset the other peoples computers go mute until I put it back again. Really strange. Two days ago I had to uninstall and reinstall USB Root Hub (xHCI) because Windows said it wasn't working properly. And earlier today when I turned my computer on, I got a post error, three short beeps. I turned it off and tried again and it posted as if nothing was wrong in the first place.

Really weird, I can't make any sense of it.
I run Windows 8.1 64-bit version, an i7-3820@4.3 GHz on a GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD5 with 16GB quad channel memmory

The motherboard is about 2 years old, got it in May 2013

I think I'm just going to replace the motherboard as I think that one is the culprit.
I also noticed something very strange earlier today when I tried to lower my CPU frequency from 4.3 to 4.0 GHz. In the task manager under "Performance" you can see what the Maximum speed is, mine is now 5.9 GHz for some weird reason and the current speed can fluctuate up to 6.49 GHz. Tuning utilities like the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility won't show temperature or frequency anymore, only CPU utilization.

I think I am going to replace the motherboard with a GA-X79-UP5 instead as it is cheap and has dualband wifi, plus it is almost identical.
Would I have to reintall windows because of this?