Best gaming laptop for 1300$ with tax (5%) & shipping?

jpnmusic2

So as title says, I'm thinking of selling my current PC (i5-4570, R9 280x and some stuff like that) + monitor (S24D590PL) to get myself a gaming laptop, as I'll be in CEGEP next year, and I want to be able to be on my computer when going to my friend's house (1hr drive) or whatever. Almost all laptops for that price have GTX860M, but is it good? Will I be able to play Arma 3 smoothly multiplayer (not Altis), War Thunder @ Movie settings or CS:GO @ max settings? I'm not really into video editing or drawing, so my main purpose for the laptop would be gaming and web browsing/writing text and stuff. 

This is what I've found so far.

MSI GE70 i7-4700hq GTX860M 12GB DDR3 17.3" 1TB HDD http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=12980ST8610 1300$

ASUS ROG G771JM i7-4710hq GTX860M 12GB DDR3 17.3" 1TB HDD http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=10531103062 1320$

What I could also do is try save a bit (and beg parents ay) and get that or go custom built, like with Sager or something.

MSI GE62 Apache i7-4720hq GTX965m 8GB DDR3 15.6" 1TB HDD http://www.ncix.com/detail/msi-ge62-apache-i7-4720hq-71-105240-1386.htm 1480$

Thanks. ^^

Main PC: Intel i7-860 and Asus P7P55D-E LX (both for 15$) | Mismatched 7GB | WD10EZEX | ZOTAC GTX 1060 3GB | Antec EA500 (20$)

So as title says, I'm thinking of selling my current PC (i5-4570, R9 280x and some stuff like that) + monitor (S24D590PL) to get myself a gaming laptop, as I'll be in CEGEP next year, and I want to be able to be on my computer when going to my friend's house (1hr drive) or whatever. Almost all laptops for that price have GTX860M, but is it good? Will I be able to play Arma 3 smoothly multiplayer (not Altis), War Thunder @ Movie settings or CS:GO @ max settings? I'm not really into video editing or drawing, so my main purpose for the laptop would be gaming and web browsing/writing text and stuff. 

This is what I've found so far.

MSI GE70 i7-4700hq GTX860M 12GB DDR3 17.3" 1TB HDD http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=12980ST8610 1300$

ASUS ROG G771JM i7-4710hq GTX860M 12GB DDR3 17.3" 1TB HDD http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=10531103062 1320$

What I could also do is try save a bit (and beg parents ay) and get that or go custom built, like with Sager or something.

MSI GE62 Apache i7-4720hq GTX965m 8GB DDR3 15.6" 1TB HDD http://www.ncix.com/detail/msi-ge62-apache-i7-4720hq-71-105240-1386.htm 1480$

Thanks. ^^

Lenovo y50. Its portable, powerful, beautiful everything you want http://shop.lenovo.com/ca/en/laptops/lenovo/y-series/y50/(this is the Canadian website, in future provide your location)

i5 4670k / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 / Asus Maximus vi hero lga 1150 mobo / Sapphire tri-x r9 290 OC edition / corsair vengeance pro red 4 x 4 gb 2133mhz cas 9 ram kit / nzxt phantom 530 black / 120gb samsung 840 evo ssd / 240 gb ocz arc 100 ssd / 2x 1tb WD Blue / Cooler Master v850 modular psu / corsair k70 rgb cherry mx Brown / mad catz rat 5 laser mouse / windows 10

Lenovo y50. Its portable, powerful, beautiful everything you want http://shop.lenovo.com/ca/en/laptops/lenovo/y-series/y50/(this is the Canadian website, in future provide your location)

Is the GTX860M good though? That's the thing I want to know most, since I don't want cheapo graphics card that won't make me happy. Also I provided location (just created account ^^").

Main PC: Intel i7-860 and Asus P7P55D-E LX (both for 15$) | Mismatched 7GB | WD10EZEX | ZOTAC GTX 1060 3GB | Antec EA500 (20$)

Is the GTX860M good though? That's the thing I want to know most, since I don't want cheapo graphics card that won't make me happy. Also I provided location (just created account ^^").

First of all CANADA FUCK YA!!! Secondly the 860m is actually a very mobile gpu. Sure you wont be maxing out games but it can run all your games no problem. I just feel a laptop should be portable and not a 20 pound brick like some Alienware laptops. If you can go a bit over i would recommend the thin, light and super powerful gs60 http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152689. If all you want is performance a custom laptop (like a sager or a origin thingy) would fit the bill.

i5 4670k / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 / Asus Maximus vi hero lga 1150 mobo / Sapphire tri-x r9 290 OC edition / corsair vengeance pro red 4 x 4 gb 2133mhz cas 9 ram kit / nzxt phantom 530 black / 120gb samsung 840 evo ssd / 240 gb ocz arc 100 ssd / 2x 1tb WD Blue / Cooler Master v850 modular psu / corsair k70 rgb cherry mx Brown / mad catz rat 5 laser mouse / windows 10

First of all CANADA FUCK YA!!! Secondly the 860m is actually a very mobile gpu. Sure you wont be maxing out games but it can run all your games no problem. I just feel a laptop should be portable and not a 20 pound brick like some Alienware laptops. If you can go a bit over i would recommend the thin, light and super powerful gs60 http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152689. If all you want is performance a custom laptop (like a sager or a origin thingy) would fit the bill.

Ya, well ofc I don't want a 20 pound brick, but I also will use as a main PC when I'm at home (most of the time), so yeah. If the GTX860M can run games like Arma 3, War Thunder @ max smoothly (or almost max) and games like CS:GO then I'm going with that. I also want it to look good and perform good, so that's why MSI are what I'm lookin at mainly. I hope that by spring break I'll have sold my PC and that there'll be specials. Maybe I can get a GTX965M/970M for the price of a 860M. 

Ya, well ofc I don't want a 20 pound brick, but I also will use as a main PC when I'm at home (most of the time), so yeah. If the GTX860M can run games like Arma 3, War Thunder @ max smoothly (or almost max) and games like CS:GO then I'm going with that. I also want it to look good and perform good, so that's why MSI are what I'm lookin at mainly. I hope that by spring break I'll have sold my PC and that there'll be specials. Maybe I can get a GTX965M/970M for the price of a 860M. 

Aye, good luck. Hope you get a great deal.

if buying from the USA:

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8651-clevo-p650se-p-7690.html?wconfigure=yes

or

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8671-clevo-p670se-p-7799.html?wconfigure=yes

Should be able to add IC Diamond to either (will need to source own OS) and be within cash payment price. Shipping to US should also be free.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

highly recomend lenovo y50

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

I should remind everyone here that overclocking those 860Ms etc is no longer possible in any machine you all recommend.

And to the people recommending the Y50. Have any of you even USED a Y50 before? You do realize it is a 45% gamut piece of shit screen and it's a laptop that throttles well before its thermal limits, right? It should be a fairly last-resort recommendation to anyone with a budget over $1000.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

I should remind everyone here that overclocking those 860Ms etc is no longer possible in any machine you all recommend.

And to the people recommending the Y50. Have any of you even USED a Y50 before? You do realize it is a 45% gamut piece of shit screen and it's a laptop that throttles well before its thermal limits, right? It should be a fairly last-resort recommendation to anyone with a budget over $1000.

So I guess no Y50? What about MSI GT Series? I really want to get an GTX970m, since the performance gap seem to be pretty big between 860m and 970m. I'll check for Sager notebooks, but yeah. It all depends on whether I sell everything (pc/monitor/mouse/keyboard) and how much I get from them. 

So I guess no Y50? What about MSI GT Series? I really want to get an GTX970m, since the performance gap seem to be pretty big between 860m and 970m. I'll check for Sager notebooks, but yeah. It all depends on whether I sell everything (pc/monitor/mouse/keyboard) and how much I get from them. 

I already linked you to two Clevos (sager) above though. MSI's GT series is okay too; at least that stuff is socketed in the GT60/GT70

You can get the same machine - Clevo P650SE - for $1200 including shipping from Eurocom currently (link). It comes with the GTX 970M, I7, and 1080p IPS display. Also includes the Diamond thermal paste and not the default one.

Is it in Canadian dollar though? Cause afaik 1200$ USD to CAD = 1500$. 

And I'll check Sager. I know a guy that got a Sager laptop some years ago on a game, and he said they were really nice so.

Is it in Canadian dollar though? Cause afaik 1200$ USD to CAD = 1500$. 

And I'll check Sager. I know a guy that got a Sager laptop some years ago on a game, and he said they were really nice so.

You can switch between CAD and USD. These are not the same prices. In CAD you'll get a price of $1500 - 10% off = $1350 and you can choose the cheaper WiFi card (you can upgrade later on, for a much lower price anyway). Should be around $1300 CAD

Maybe you can call them for 15% off

So I'll probably get this, since it's 1550$ with shipping and tax. If I buy a Sager laptop, there'll be a 200$ shipping fee, so it'll be WAY over my budget. What do you guys think of it? http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=710_577_1199&item_id=076001

So I'll probably get this, since it's 1550$ with shipping and tax. If I buy a Sager laptop, there'll be a 200$ shipping fee, so it'll be WAY over my budget. What do you guys think of it? http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=710_577_1199&item_id=076001

Why is there a $200 shipping fee? Reflex notebooks in canada should not have such a fee... neither should Eurocom, seeing as they're in Canada themselves.

Why is there a $200 shipping fee? Reflex notebooks in canada should not have such a fee... neither should Eurocom, seeing as they're in Canada themselves.

I used sagernotebook.com sigh. Well, either way, I can't find any 17inch with a GTX970m that will be 1550$ with tax & shipping and is also 17", so yeah.. Well is the MSI one good or not? 

I used sagernotebook.com sigh. Well, either way, I can't find any 17inch with a GTX970m that will be 1550$ with tax & shipping and is also 17", so yeah.. Well is the MSI one good or not? 

Yeah, it's pretty good. That's a good deal on it too, honestly. Go for it! I hope you enjoy it =D. 

Don't do it. go with a slimmergaming notebook!!!

Why would I go with a slimmer gaming notebook lol. It will mainly be at home, and only sometimes outside for school. 

Don't do it. go with a slimmergaming notebook!!!

Shh and let him get a better one. No idea why everybody's chasing these 1" thick models these days...

Why would I go with a slimmer gaming notebook lol. It will mainly be at home, and only sometimes outside for school. 

did not know this

Travis