Jitter in games with second screen viewing youtube etc?

duriel

Yes to both. Any/everything on my second monitor that requires a frame update creates the jitter I'm talking about

Force your windows timer resolution to "1". It should help. Default is 15.6.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Force your windows timer resolution to "1". It should help. Default is 15.6.

running timertoolv2 from vvvv.org and setting it to 1 doesn't retain the setting once the tool is closed, clockres by sysinternals doesn't seem to keep it either

running win8.1, does this os have the same issue?

https://randomascii.wordpress.com/2013/07/08/windows-timer-resolution-megawatts-wasted/

I have not tried this on Windows 8 but one reader reports that the performance slowdown is gone on Windows 8. This article in ArsTechnica discusses the move to a tick-less kernel in Windows 8. It seems that some of the cost of just having the timer enabled has gone away with the move to tick-less.

Abigail: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.5GHz 1.170v / EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Classified  / ASRock Z97 Extreme6 / Corsair H110i GT / 4x4Gb G.Skill Ares 1866MHz @ CAS9 / Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb SSD / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM / NZXT H440 Blue / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2

Peripherals: BenQ XL2411z 24" 144hz 1080p / ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1080p / Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD650 / Schiit Audio Modi 2 / Magni 2 / Blue Yeti Blackout

running timertoolv2 from vvvv.org and setting it to 1 doesn't retain the setting once the tool is closed, clockres by sysinternals doesn't seem to keep it either

running win8.1, does this os have the same issue?

Good luck getting it to stick, then. It's a windows 8.1 issue.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday