2560x1080p?

brownninja97

I saw one for £210 and its 28inch. Anyways how would i use this considering my other current monitor is some dell 2007wfp 1680x1050 21.6inch. Seems a bit weird due to the horizontal length being more then double the vertical length. Anyone used a 2560x1080 before.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Are you wanting a dual monitor setup? There are a few widescreen monitors out there, and I think someone at either Computex or CES unveiled a 21:9 monitor. It's pretty much only for productivity if you want the extra width to be able to have 2+ windows open side by side. 

Are you wanting a dual monitor setup? There are a few widescreen monitors out there, and I think someone at either Computex or CES unveiled a 21:9 monitor. It's pretty much only for productivity if you want the extra width to be able to have 2+ windows open side by side. 

I saw a Benq one, im not typing out the name but its the one on newegg that was reviewed a short while ago, i just wanna know, im more likely to get 2 1920x1080 and try to do that eyeinfinty and then maybe get another gpu to handle it all.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I saw a Benq one, im not typing out the name but its the one on newegg that was reviewed a short while ago, i just wanna know, im more likely to get 2 1920x1080 and try to do that eyeinfinty and then maybe get another gpu to handle it all.

Yeah, I would say go for the dual 1920x1080. Or, if you just want a single monitor, go for the regular 2560x1440. 

The 21:9 ratio your looking at exists, there are two models that atleast I know of and they are LG EA93 and Dell's U2913WM. Unlike 2560x1440 monitors, just like the name implies you get a much wider real estate and from the reviews I've seen it's pretty immersive for gaming on. Both of them are also I should mention IPS LED, and the LG EA93 just got a refresh with a much better calibration on its colours, which apparently make them look astounding for gaming, photo or even video editing. I plan to get one after I get a Titan :/.

By the way a

of it in action.

Oh also! I should mention that because the monitor is so wide (I make it sound like a bad thing, but in reality its great because its similar to having two monitors side by side... Without the god damn bezel) some programs and videos(including youtube), might have black bars at the side because they aren't fully optimized for an aspect ratio like 21:9. But then again most modern games (2011+) should be 21:9 compatible.

I wanted one, but there are drawbacks. Not every game supports them, like DOTA 2, Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, and Witcher 2. You will have black bars on the side while playing these games and many others.

I've got the AOC Q2963PM IPS 2560x1080 monitor, picked it up for $399.99 price matching against Tiger Direct in Canada (where it averages $499.99) So far its been picture perfect in every regard, I received no dead pixels and a uniform backlight

I got rid of my Asus MX279H IPS for this and I couldn't be happier. As was stated above not every game supports this especially fixed camera games like Starcraft/Diablo and Witcher 2, however most every recent release does in fact support the extra 21:9 aspect ratio, Racing games (Grid 2) Shooters (BF3/COD/Bioshock Infinite/Farcry 3) as well as some action RPG's (Tomb Raider etc.) and lest we not forget that if you play any MMO's all of the major release MMO's support this aspect ratio. (WoW, Rift, Final Fantasy ARR, SWTOR, TERA, Guild Wars 2)

Anyway long story short I'm very happy with this purchase my only complaint was the height of the stand but a simple desk mount fixed that problem (VESA).   

MY BUILD | Intel i7-3770K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H115i | MSI Z77A-GD55 | 2 x ASUS STRIX GTX 970 SLI | Corsair Vengeance 16GB LP 1600Mhz | Intel 330 180GB SSD + 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 2x WD Red 2TB | OCZ ZX 850W 80+Gold | NZXT H442 Razer Edition | LG 34UC88-B 21:9 3440x1440 | Razer Kraken | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Razer Naga 2013 | Logitech Z-2300 | Steam/Xbox Live Gamertag: Jay Slasher