Which mobo?

Apparently the second one has been discontinued...

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Doesn't matter not ordering right now

Finishing up my build...

The Asus one is a better performer, the MSI is the entry level board, features will differentiate them.

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

The Asus one is a better performer, the MSI is the entry level board, features will differentiate them.

So which one fit better an i7 4770k Corsair vengeance pro 16gb ram and gtx 760? and which one will last longer

Finishing up my build...

The Asus one. And it will OC further.

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

The Asus one is guaranteed to reach 4.8GHz like JJ said in the TekSyndicate channel so I would go with that board. AI Suite 3 is pretty good imo. So far there are no bugs or glitches.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I'm not gonna do lots of overclocking.. maybe in a few years lol, so durability is the prior

Finishing up my build...

The Asus one is guaranteed to reach 4.8GHz like JJ said in the TekSyndicate channel so I would go with that board. AI Suite 3 is pretty good imo. So far there are no bugs or glitches.

Well I was planning to build this rig http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1bzFd

but as I see I should change the mobo. I'll change the other parts as well to match the color or maybe it's fine

Finishing up my build...

Well I was planning to build this rig http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1bzFd

but as I see I should change the mobo. I'll change the other parts as well to match the color or maybe it's fine

The Samsung 840 120gb is cheaper and better imo. Its around $94.

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

That board is never going to be out again?

people in this same forum advised me that msi board instead of z87-a
therefore, I might have to think better..
Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows

people in this same forum advised me that msi board instead of z87-a
therefore, I might have to think better..

the z87-a has RAM issues as I heard, just read the reviews on newegg

Finishing up my build...

Thats what the link said

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

so which mobo are you going to use?

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows

I currently have the Kingston HyperX Blu Black 8GB and currently have no problems with it except that I have to manually set it to 1.5v in order to have CL11 rather than CL9. The Asus board has a Mem OK! button which will help make your ram compatible.

Here are the compatible ram for Z87-A: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/Z87-A/Z87-A_DRAM_QVL.pdf

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/Z87-PRO/Z87_Hyper.pdf

so which mobo are you going to use?

I was gonna use the msi one to match the red color with msi gtx760 but I guess I'll go for the asus z87-a

Finishing up my build...

I currently have the Kingston HyperX Blu Black 8GB and currently have no problems with it except that I have to manually set it to 1.5v in order to have CL11 rather than CL9. The Asus board has a Mem OK! button which will help make your ram compatible.

Here are the compatible ram for Z87-A: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/Z87-A/Z87-A_DRAM_QVL.pdf

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/Z87-PRO/Z87_Hyper.pdf

Thanks, I'm asus user and am very satisfied so I'll prolly go for it again.

Finishing up my build...

I was gonna use the msi one to match the red color with msi gtx760 but I guess I'll go for the asus z87-a

with a little more money you can buy Asus maximus VI Hero, it has red and black color scheme too.

with a little more money you can buy Asus maximus VI Hero, it has red and black color scheme too.

my budget is 150$ (:

Finishing up my build...

I'm hard pressed to recommend the ASUS because I hate the gold looks, the MSI looks much better, but the asus is a better board.

Get the ASUS.

On another note I aprove your configuration, it's a good pick if you plan to upgrade the GPU down the road. Maybe I'd pick a 240mm rad or a high-end air cooler, but those are details. If you don't plan to upgrade your GPU down the road, I'd recommend getting an i5 and gtx 770 if possible, because the i7 is a bit of an overkill right now, and for the next few years.

Since the colour scheme of the MSI is out of the game, I would recommend the 760 windforce by Gigabyte, I saw the new windforce cooler and it's rather impressive.

One think I don't get though, you say you don't plan to OC right now, yet you buy a liquid cooler now. I say buy it when you need it - there will be better coolers in the next few years.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

yes if you're going to buy the asus board, dont't buy the msi gaming graphics card, because they have a special feature that works with msi gaming motherboars, and it will be wasted.

I'm hard pressed to recommend the ASUS because I hate the gold looks, the MSI looks much better, but the asus is a better board.

Get the ASUS.

On another note I aprove your configuration, it's a good pick if you plan to upgrade the GPU down the road. Maybe I'd pick a 240mm rad or a high-end air cooler, but those are details. If you don't plan to upgrade your GPU down the road, I'd recommend getting an i5 and gtx 770 if possible, because the i7 is a bit of an overkill right now, and for the next few years.

Since the colour scheme of the MSI is out of the game, I would recommend the 760 windforce by Gigabyte, I saw the new windforce cooler and it's rather impressive.

One think I don't get though, you say you don't plan to OC right now, yet you buy a liquid cooler now. I say buy it when you need it - there will be better coolers in the next few years.

I need i7 for editing. I'm not gonna do hardcore gaming so editing is primary

Finishing up my build...

If that's the case then I have nothing more to add. A solid build sir!

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.