Looking for Audio Hardwares for Gaming

from a gaming stand point, nothing competes with sbx studios from creative

from music stand point, monoprice or even the o2 combo if you want

Well, now I got really confused .... again

Is it wise to buy the O2/ODAC with the Creative Sound Blaster Omni 5.1 Surround just for the SBX Studio from Creative? I tested the SBX Studio and it sounds REALLY nice. If paired with the O2/ODAC, would it make a difference, or just a waste of money?

Or the SBX Studio with the 5.1 Surround is just bull (just like any other virtual surround sound devices) and I'm better off with the O2/ODAC alone?

Well, now I got really confused .... again

Is it wise to buy the O2/ODAC with the Creative Sound Blaster Omni 5.1 Surround just for the SBX Studio from Creative? I tested the SBX Studio and it sounds REALLY nice. If paired with the O2/ODAC, would it make a difference, or just a waste of money?

Or the SBX Studio with the 5.1 Surround is just bull (just like any other virtual surround sound devices) and I'm better off with the O2/ODAC alone?

The ODAC is a DAC which will convert the digital signal to an analog straight from the USB port on your PC which you then connect to the O2 to amplify the signal. The sound card does the same but internally. There's no point at all getting the O2/ODAC AND a sound card. Also for your previous question, the O2/ODAC are an external amp/DAC combo.

Edit: Just read the above posts. Schiit is not a terrible company. They are great and know what they are doing. One of the few audio companies who don't try ripping off customers. If you're choosing between the Magni/Modi and the O2/ODAC it depends on what you want to hear. The O2/ODAC are more balanced and very neutral sounding so they don't alter the sound too much. The Magni/Modi combo is a bit warmer and for some people, it's nicer to listen to.