How long upload video will take on youtube

lovingGamer

How can i see how much GB does this video have

@lovingGamer

You can't. My guess is probably at least 500-600MB when it was uploaded. But then youtube converts it into it's own codec of choice.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Lossless codecs are bigger.

You want smaller. You may have to download and install an x264 codec.

Can you give me link or something?

please help me out

@lovingGamer

You can't. My guess is probably at least 500-600MB when it was uploaded. But then youtube converts it into it's own codec of choice.

then how my video is freaking 4GB?

It's 10 minutes

Can you give me link or something?

please help me out

@lovingGamer

If you recorded it already in one codec, you'd be better off just converting the finished product with handbrake or some other converter. 

https://handbrake.fr/

Or you can just start uploading, it's going to take a while either way.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

It's 10 minutes

high bitrate. For example 50Mb/s would equate to 30000Mb=30Gb=3.75GB for 10minutes of video. This isnt factoring compression

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

It's 10 minutes

You record in lossless, your file size will be lossless. Like I said, when I record World of Warcraft videos, they are usually 300+ gigabytes for 2.5 hours. But my final upload size for them is only about 25GB.

You have to get it into a different format

I'd use handbrake and bring it way down. It'll still look good if you set it up properly.

@lovingGamer

Edited by Prastupok

@lovingGamer

Im saying it would be better if you compress your videos in your wditing program.

Youtube quality is shit anyway

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@lovingGamer

If you recorded it already in one codec, you'd be better off just converting the finished product with handbrake or some other converter. 

https://handbrake.fr/

Or you can just start uploading, it's going to take a while either way.

handbreak is sh!t!

the graphics look extremely bad!

You record in lossless, your file size will be lossless. Like I said, when I record World of Warcraft videos, they are usually 300+ gigabytes for 2.5 hours. But my final upload size for them is only about 25GB.

You have to get it into a different format

I'd use handbrake and bring it way down. It'll still look good if you set it up properly.

@lovingGamer

i don't know to set it up..

For Dxtory what codec should i use then?

handbreak is sh!t!

the graphics look extremely bad!

You can change the settings to get to 1080p, and go from there.

Or you can spend 24 hours uploading the one you have. I'm just trying to help you out.

Alternatively you can spend the money on a professional piece of software for video editing... I use Premiere. But that will cost you a lot too.

high bitrate. For example 50MB/s would equate to 30000MB=30Gb for 10minutes of video. This isnt factoring compression

SO what codec should i use for my dxtory..

i don't know to set it up..

For Dxtory what codec should i use then?

I'm not familiar with the individual Dxtory codecs. I do know how all of these are setup which is why I've been able to guide you thus far.

I recommend you do some research into the software and make a decision based on what your needs are.

You can change the settings to get to 1080p, and go from there.

Or you can spend 24 hours uploading the one you have. I'm just trying to help you out.

Alternatively you can spend the money on a professional piece of software for video editing... I use Premiere. But that will cost you a lot too.

and what to do with that video editor?

I know edit it, but what exactly

and what to do with that video editor?

I know edit it, but what exactly

In those types of applications you have much more control over bitrate, frames per second, color depth, etc. I don't recommend you go and buy Premiere. It's not worth it unless you use it professionally IMO. Handbrake, or ANY of the hundreds of free converters will be able to do what you need for youtube.

In those types of applications you have much more control over bitrate, frames per second, color depth, etc. I don't recommend you go and buy Premiere. It's not worth it unless you use it professionally IMO. Handbrake, or ANY of the hundreds of free converters will be able to do what you need for youtube.

My friend has Premiere, i think that i have idea..

So what should i first do when i'm in Premiere?

i will go to my friends house and see do i want to buy Premiere

My friend has Premiere, i think that i have idea..

So what should i first do when i'm in Premiere?

i will go to my friends house and see do i want to buy Premiere

You don't want to buy Premiere for amateur Youtube work. There are free applications that do the same thing that will be better for you.

Premiere costs either $30 US monthly or $240 a year.

If you can use his copy, then just reexport it into a more manageable file size, probably x264

You don't want to buy Premiere for amateur Youtube work. There are free applications that do the same thing that will be better for you.

Premiere costs either $30 US monthly or $240 a year.

If you can use his copy, then just reexport it into a more manageable file size, probably x264

yeah, i see that now :(

you are right

I have used handbreak and it makes video look really shitty

yeah, i see that now :(

you are right

I have used handbreak and it makes video look really shitty

It doesn't if it's setup properly. Read the help guide. @lovingGamer

It doesn't if it's setup properly. Read the help guide. @lovingGamer

hmmmmm okay..

And thanks you are best!

you really helped me a lot!

hmmmmm okay..

And thanks you are best!

you really helped me a lot!

Hope you get it all working!

@lovingGamer

hey i'm sorry if my video is 250MB or 300MB how long will it take to upload?

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4126569517

Approximately 2 hours, if my math is correct.

0.35 Mb/s ÷ 8 = 0.04375 MB/s

300 MB ÷ 0.04375 MB/s = 6,857 seconds or 114 minutes or 1.9 hours

Your connection is really slow for this kind of stuff, unfortunately. I've got 1 Mb/s up and that's already pretty bad.

And keep in mind that you may not always reach your maximum potential speed, as well, depending on internet congestion, throttling, or Youtube's servers.

Approximately 2 hours, if my math is correct.

0.35 Mb/s ÷ 8 = 0.04375 MB/s

300 MB ÷ 0.04375 MB/s = 6,857 seconds or 114 minutes or 1.9 hours

Your connection is really slow for this kind of stuff, unfortunately. I've got 1 Mb/s up and that's already pretty bad.

And keep in mind that you may not always reach your maximum potential speed, as well, depending on internet congestion, throttling, or Youtube's servers.

@typographie

yeah i know, and i will use handbreak

here is good video tell me what do you think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po6T688PrWg