How Are Little Devil Cases?

joelthezombie15

Well? are they worth the money? How are they at watercooling? are they anything like caselabs?

this one in particular.

http://www.ldcooling.com/shop/atx-hptx/47-ld-pc-v8-atx-hptx-black.html

Thanks.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I thought it was too thin until I just realized it was very tall. It looks nice but it comes with a high price tag. idk

So you dont have any experience with it?

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

So you dont have any experience with it?

No I just gave you my opinion. Now I'm interested in it too because I'm currently saving up for my first build

I got at the moment Little Devil's PC-V10 with phase change integrated into it.

Its not really PC-V8 but its big brother, also mine is older version also that didnt have ssd mounts and some cable management holes behind motherboard tray and bottom compartment.

Without phase change my case can fit :

TOP 480mm Rad

Bottom Dual 480mm or 600mm rad, if rad is 600 then psu would position just top of the radiator with 1cm of spacing.

Bottom can fit also 560mm rad but will require buying turned psu plate since 560mm rad wont fit below psu, then second rad can be max 420mm.

Quality of cases is good and they are strong, they are made of thick aluminium, there is some improvements in newer models like screwless sidepanel, more ssd mounts and better cable management holes.

I do also have CaseLabs Magnum STH10 but i cannot say witch is better, i like bowth of them.

If you want ask anything about the case just post here and ill answer.

"Game" : Work in Progress
"Work" : Threadripper 3970X | Gigabyte TRX40 Designare | 128GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme Waterforce WB | Custom Loop | Intel X520-T2 Dual 10GbE NIC
Dell R710 NAS : 2 x X5660 Xeon | 96GB DDR3 ECC | Intel X520-T2 Dual 10GbE NIC | 6 x 16TB Seagate Exos X16 | Dual 1TB Kingston NVMe as Cache | IBM M1015 flashed IT-mode | Proxmox 

HP ML350P : 2 x Xeon E5 4650 | 128Gb DDR3 ECC | Intel X520-T2 Dual 10GbE NIC | Quadro K6000 | 8 x Samsung SM1625 800Gb SSD | 240Gb Intel D3-S4610 Boot | Dual 1TB Samsung 970 Pro | IBM M1015 flashed IT-mode | Dual 750W PSU

I got at the moment Little Devil's PC-V10 with phase change integrated into it.

Its not really PC-V8 but its big brother, also mine is older version also that didnt have ssd mounts and some cable management holes behind motherboard tray and bottom compartment.

Without phase change my case can fit :

TOP 480mm Rad

Bottom Dual 480mm or 600mm rad, if rad is 600 then psu would position just top of the radiator with 1cm of spacing.

Bottom can fit also 560mm rad but will require buying turned psu plate since 560mm rad wont fit below psu, then second rad can be max 420mm.

Quality of cases is good and they are strong, they are made of thick aluminium, there is some improvements in newer models like screwless sidepanel, more ssd mounts and better cable management holes.

I do also have CaseLabs Magnum STH10 but i cannot say witch is better, i like bowth of them.

If you want ask anything about the case just post here and ill answer.

So i didnt follow perfectly. how many rads can i fit at once? 

like 2 480 in the bottom 1 512 in the top like that. (Yes i made up numbers)

How difficult is the case to build in?

what is phase changer?

So i didnt follow perfectly. how many rads can i fit at once? 

like 2 480 in the bottom 1 512 in the top like that. (Yes i made up numbers)

How difficult is the case to build in?

what is phase changer?

2 x 480mm rad in bottom and one 480mm at top, so overall 3 x 480mm rads will fit easy.

Case is easy to build into but sidepanel is attacked with 10 screws so its sometimes pain to get sidepanel on, i think there is also version of the case with quick detatch sidepanels, when case is loaded with hardware it will weight alot and it is huge.

If you want easy to detach sidepanels you should get Caselabs case, they usually can fit 3 x 480mm rads if you pickup case like Caselabs STH10.

Phase Change is cooler that uses pretty much same way cooling processors as refirigerators use to cool food or air-conditioners use to cool room temperature.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_cooling (go to "Phase-change Cooling" part of the page and read)

Edited by SlowMixit

"Game" : Work in Progress
"Work" : Threadripper 3970X | Gigabyte TRX40 Designare | 128GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme Waterforce WB | Custom Loop | Intel X520-T2 Dual 10GbE NIC
Dell R710 NAS : 2 x X5660 Xeon | 96GB DDR3 ECC | Intel X520-T2 Dual 10GbE NIC | 6 x 16TB Seagate Exos X16 | Dual 1TB Kingston NVMe as Cache | IBM M1015 flashed IT-mode | Proxmox 

HP ML350P : 2 x Xeon E5 4650 | 128Gb DDR3 ECC | Intel X520-T2 Dual 10GbE NIC | Quadro K6000 | 8 x Samsung SM1625 800Gb SSD | 240Gb Intel D3-S4610 Boot | Dual 1TB Samsung 970 Pro | IBM M1015 flashed IT-mode | Dual 750W PSU

do u have to drill holes in it yourself for fans?

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

I do believe Maxishine has the case. He has a youtube vid of it somewhere and im sure its on his forum as well.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

This is a old thread he donesn't want a little devil anymore :P

You can't walk out of your own story - Rango

do u have to drill holes in it yourself for fans?

On the pictures I've seen they were already drilled, so this would surprise me.

For a great build log in a LD case, see here.

That should give a pretty good impression of the case.

EDIT:

This is a old thread he donesn't want a little devil anymore :P

Ah well then... :D

Edited by alpenwasser

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

On the pictures I've seen they were already drilled, so this would surprise me.

For a great build log in a LD case, see here.

That should give a pretty good impression of the case.

EDIT:

Ah well then... :D

That was pretty epic, to many pages though :|

joelthezombie15, on 07 Jul 2013 - 03:51 AM, said:

That was pretty epic, to many pages though :|

Yeah it is rather lengthy. That's why I like having build logs with a table of contents,

makes it much easier to browse through if you're late to the party.

His build log was actually what got me to go for an SR-2 as well. I just have a general

weakness for multi-socket boards. I could have gone for a single socket 2011 build instead

for quite a bit less money and bought another GPU for computing (that's what I will

mainly be using my next rig for).

As for the LD cases, I must admit that I love the new V7 case and if I could afford another

build at the moment I think it would probably be something in that.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic