Best Case Review Website?

Which website do you guys think does the best case reviews? Also if you could explain why in a sentence or so it would be nice.

This may be unconventional, but I think that newegg's or any retailer's webpage have the best case reviews. On sites like newegg, you can sort by popularity or ratings.

Before I get flamed, let me explain:

Cases are not like any other computer hardware part.  They can't really come 'defective' like motherboards can.  They are highly opinionated.  Also, a lot about a case is its aesthetics, something that the masses has a better ability to judge than 1 reviewer.  Another thing is ease of building in: this is another thing that is good for normal case reviewers.  They don't build computers every day, so they understand how easy or hard building in the case they bought was.

A professional case reviewer would probably find every case easy to build in, because everything is easy after doing it 1000 times.

Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Computer-Cases/SubCategory/ID-7?Order=RATING

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/electronics/572238/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_e_1_4_last

I like TastyPC's because she will stick a few rads in there to show you what it looks like before hand which is great for water coolers, I also like Hardware Canucks case reviews, short and to the point and is usually all you need to know. TTL goes on way too long about things, Linus does short overviews.

As for actual written reviews it doesn't get much better than Anandtech. Guru3D also does pretty extensive case reviews

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

I like TastyPC's because she will stick a few rads in there to show you what it looks like before hand which is great for water coolers, I also like Hardware Canucks case reviews, short and to the point and is usually all you need to know. TTL goes on way too long about things, Linus does short overviews.

As for actual written reviews it doesn't get much better than Anandtech. Guru3D also does pretty extensive case reviews

The issue I have with TastyPC is that there are only 7 cases actually reviewed, half of which are Corsair.  So If you're looking for Corsair, its a good site to see the differences, but the differences are already obvious --> 350D for mATX, 900D for XL-atx, etc.

It seems she likes to review cases at all different price points. Rather than reviewing 10 different cases at the same price point, she will review a budget case, a mid-level case, a mini-ITX case, and a high end case, but these reviews can't be compared against one another because they are in different 'brackets'

Linus on the other hand, though the videos are not as detailed, you can compare the cases one to another, because he usually sticks to the same 5-6 points for each case, even if some of those points don't really matter to you. He seems to always mention how much "plastic vs aluminum" a case has, then will move on to bending the side panel to see how much that bends.  Then say that the case has tool-less bays, a large cpu cutout, and room behind the motherboard tray for cables. Then he'll ask you to subscribe and be done.  No joke --> I challenge you to find a case review that does not contain those things in the last year or two.

The issue I have with TastyPC is that there are only 7 cases actually reviewed, half of which are Corsair.  So If you're looking for Corsair, its a good site to see the differences, but the differences are already obvious --> 350D for mATX, 900D for XL-atx, etc.

It seems she likes to review cases at all different price points. Rather than reviewing 10 different cases at the same price point, she will review a budget case, a mid-level case, a mini-ITX case, and a high end case, but these reviews can't be compared against one another because they are in different 'brackets'

Linus on the other hand, though the videos are not as detailed, you can compare the cases one to another, because he usually sticks to the same 5-6 points for each case, even if some of those points don't really matter to you. He seems to always mention how much "plastic vs aluminum" a case has, then will move on to bending the side panel to see how much that bends.  Then say that the case has tool-less bays, a large cpu cutout, and room behind the motherboard tray for cables. Then he'll ask you to subscribe and be done.  No joke --> I challenge you to find a case review that does not contain those things in the last year or two.

Video reviews dont always do justice, I prefer Anandtech for an actual review and Guru3D for pictures, Hardware Canucks for pros and cons, Tasty to see some rads in a case, Linus or Newegg for a brief overview. Anything over $50 a usually look up  multiple sources and hang on my decision for a few weeks until i finally talk myself into buying something. I read just about every review I could find in english for my graphics card before buying it about a month later, same with my motherboard, case, mouse, monitors, etc.

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

Well if I have nothing to do for a hour or two TTL for seeing every aspect of the case. But Linus if I just want a brief overview. And If I am in the market for a case I'll watch a few Linus videos on the cases I like. Then if TTL has a video on them I'll watch those and then decide on which to get.

overclocked.net

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

TTL was born to do case reviews if you want to learn about a case he is the one. He gets a decent variety of cases and goes through every little nut and bolt.(once on a case he named the brand that the power switch was from by feel) His Corsair 900D review is 2 hours long if you want to watch a tech movie.

TTL was born to do case reviews if you want to learn about a case he is the one. He gets a decent variety of cases and goes through every little nut and bolt.(once on a case he named the brand that the power switch was from by feel) His Corsair 900D review is 2 hours long if you want to watch a tech movie.

the same person who i was talking about, btw @ op the full name is timetolivecustoms on youtube

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

the same person who i was talking about, btw @ op the full name is timetolivecustoms on youtube

Yeah I know his reviews are just so good.  :D

Yeah I know who he is ;)

Overclock3d, TekSyndicate, Legit Reviews, Hardware Secrets and Hardware Canucks are great websites for case reviews.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

OC3D/TTL is my personal favorite for case reviews.

Retried Battlefield Moderator EA Star Wars Battlefront Senior Moderator  Battlefield Moderator and EA Champion