Disable onboard graphics

1Scotty1
Go to solution Solved by TassieTim,

did you have a lcd monitor not a tv ? to test it out

when connected using onboard graphics does the bios page still look fked up or normal ?

Hey

so finally my GTX970 arrived and I want to disable the onboard graphics... but I cant seem to do it in BIOS, as it is fucked up, the resolution is broken and I dont see everything there and whenever I click somewhere it freezes and I have to hard reset the PC. Can anybody help me?

Thanks

Hey

so finally my GTX970 arrived and I want to disable the onboard graphics... but I cant seem to do it in BIOS, as it is fucked up, the resolution is broken and I dont see everything there and whenever I click somewhere it freezes and I have to hard reset the PC. Can anybody help me?

Thanks

what motherboard you have might be useful.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

what motherboard you have might be useful.

It is in my signature

did you try resetting the bios to default settings by doing F6 , see if that fixes the resolutions issue ?

Why do you feel the need to disable it? if you need to troubleshoot something and your GPU isn't working you won't be able to do anything unless you have a backup GPU, just leave it running.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

also looks like the mobo can use both onboard and pci-e at the same time on different monitors , interesting option

manual has the option to set default boot primary display [iGP] for onboard or [PEG] for pci-e

Why do you feel the need to disable it? if you need to troubleshoot something and your GPU isn't working you won't be able to do anything unless you have a backup GPU, just leave it running.

Because I enabled it, when I sent my GTX760 to EVGA for the step-up, now I need to disable it :)

did you try resetting the bios to default settings by doing F6 , see if that fixes the resolutions issue ?

Will try this, thanks

Didnt work :(

Because I enabled it, when I sent my GTX760 to EVGA for the step-up, now I need to disable it :)

but it won't cause any issues if you just leave it running, if there is no display connected to it it will drop into a standby state.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

but it won't cause any issues if you just leave it running, if there is no display connected to it it will drop into a standby state.

But that is the problem, now I am plugged in the onboard graphics, but when I connect to the GTX970, then I get no signal error on monitor...

when connected using onboard graphics does the bios page still look fked up or normal ?

I have one around, I can try that

think it might be defaulting out to something like 800x600 reso or something

think it might be defaulting out to something like 800x600 reso or something

Worked like a charm, THANKS!! :)

cool no worries :D

luckily i was online sorting out my internet speed going weird on me

happy to help

now back to TheTek videos I'm trying to watch on the YouTubes

doesn't it disable anywho as soon as you add a discreet gpu? I know mine does on my Asus board, and its clear I'm not using the on board as there's nothing plugged into the outputs.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

doesn't it disable anywho as soon as you add a discreet gpu? I know mine does on my Asus board, and its clear I'm not using the on board as there's nothing plugged into the outputs.

think it depends on the board

i have an older asus board ( M2N-VM HDMI ) which has onboard graphics too but i had to tell it in the bios to use the PCI-E card in there for it to work

think it depends on the board

i have an older asus board ( M2N-VM HDMI ) which has onboard graphics too but i had to tell it in the bios to use the PCI-E card in there for it to work

Same here - I plugged in the 970 and plugged the HDMI to it and "No Signal" on monitor, so I had to disable it in BIOS and with the LCD Monitor, not the TV, like you suggested :)