qualms with the HAF 912

bryster126

I was looking at building a relatively cheap system, so i decided to go with this case (mind you, this was about a year ago).

First problem i had: The CPU cutout was too small/didn't line up with my p8z68 v pro. I waited to buy an aftermarket cooler, so i was running stock cooling. I had to take my motherboard out 3 times because of stupid erros. Would have been much easier with a larger cutout

2) The case is pretty small: I know this shouldn't really be a big problem, since airflow is great, but cable management kinda sucks with smaller cases. The 24 pin is so thick that i have to push down to slide the side part of the case off and on.

3) No window+ a side grate. There's no window. You can buy a side panel with a window for $20 from coolermaster, but it seems excessive. This is just something to take into consideration if you're looking for a really cheap case. You might want to spend $50 more and get a good case with a nice window. I really don't see a reason for it to have a slide grate for a 120mm fan. It only just brings in more unfiltered dust into the case.

4) The damn dust cover. In order to clean the dust filters, you have to take both side panels off. this is a pain because the axillary side panel is hard to get on and off. I would much rather have went with a 600t-style dust filter.

Other than that, this case is good. It's cheap, and does its job, but it's really worth the extra $50 to get a nicer case.

I built my first system with this case. I find it really great for cable management given it's price point. The filterss however are really not that great I would agree. I noticed that the storm enforcer case had a much nicer side window which apparently also fits on the HAF 912. I was considering getting that side window to put on the haf 912 but I think it'd just be more reasonable to get a whole other case in the future that has the features I so desire and more. (especially a black interior!)

Across the vast and majestic gulf of time and space, the jimmies rustle softly.