First Gaming Pc Build

Acdc1008

I am looking to build my first gaming computer and am looking for some help. I am looking to spend between $1500-1700. I want this computer to be able to play games at high or better settings. I mostly play games like skyrim and other rpgs. I will be running one monitor and dont need a keyboard or a monitor. I also am going to be using a Nzxt Phantom 820 white case. I want to use this case because i like nzxt.

Well then i take it you want a white theme...give me a moment to create something on pcpartpicker...

Im gonna go Intel just because im an Intel fanboy lol ;P

Welcome to LTT! Feel free to PM me if you just wanna chat, I love conversation!

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

Currency?, have a look at the list in my signature

EDIT: IMO this is best: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZgnghM however you could swap out the 980 for dual 970's if you prefer some extra horsepower

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

I am looking to build my first gaming computer and am looking for some help. I am looking to spend between $1500-1700. I want this computer to be able to play games at high or better settings. I mostly play games like skyrim and other rpgs. I will be running one monitor and dont need a keyboard or a monitor. I also am going to be using a Nzxt Phantom 820 white case. I want to use this case because i like nzxt.

Also, a good NZXT white case is the H440 white edition, its clean and modern...I personally love it, but its all up to you

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

few questions:

do you already have the case?

do you need things like a keyboard & mouse

do you have a monitor already and what pixel count?

have you got a copy of windows?

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I presume he's in the US since he uses $, so then that would need updating...

EDIT: IMO this is best: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZgnghM however you could swap out the 980 for dual 970's if you prefer some extra horsepower

only thing i would change is since he is playing rpg games, might want a bigger ssd to put the games on there and reduce loading times

Runescape player  II  Civ 6 and LoL noob  II  

Here ya go: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tZQW6h

It keeps the b/w theme I figured you want...

@Derpologist would adding $200 to get a better motherboard be a good decision that would bring the cost to $1600 which is still in my budget