Cpu Upgrade

After this post -> Post

I got some recommendations about what should i get, moving from a dual core to a quad core.

The motherboards im looking now are the following ones:

Motherboards

Gigabyte

GA-B85M

Asrock

H97M Anniversary

B85 Anniversary

H97M-PRO4

and the CPU is this one:
Intel
Core i5 4460 3.2Ghz Quad Core Lga 1150

Im about to order the gigabyte mobo and the cpu, is there anything i need to know? is there something wrong about THOSE combos? please let me know if i should buy something better or change something

1. Budget & Location

I can afford all 4 combos, and maybe a little more.

5. Why are you upgrading?

I need to do multitasking and doing it with a dual core cpu its a pain in the brain i have some tabs open and when i try to do something like opening a game example: hearthstone the pc starts to get frozen for shot periods of time, but when im doing single tasks it works perfect even run bf 3 sp- at 60~170 fps on a gtx 750 ti on ULTRA

6. Minor Problem

I saw those motherboards require a 12v 8 pin power connector, but my power supply only has a 4 pin power connector , i read on some forums i can plug in the 4 pin into the 8 pin but you can have random shutdowns because of power delivery, if there is no problem i will leave it like that.

what power supply do you have, because it sounds like you will also need to update your psu, i reccomend the h97m as you get the added support if you decide to go dual gpu in the future,

Its a Championship not a Belt!

Go with the H97M-PRO4 (and no you are not banned)

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

Motherboards

Gigabyte

GA-B85M

Asrock

H97M Anniversary

B85 Anniversary

H97M-PRO4

and the CPU is this one:

Intel

Core i5 4460 3.2Ghz Quad Core Lga 1150

6. Minor Problem

I saw those motherboards require a 12v 8 pin power connector, but my power supply only has a 4 pin power connector , i read on some forums i can plug in the 4 pin into the 8 pin but you can have random shutdowns because of power delivery, if there is no problem i will leave it like that.

on B85 or H97, it's just a matter of features that it has..number or sata/usb ports, etc and the color scheme you're after..i guess h81 is out of the question for you  :D

i was also using a 4-pin psu for my z97m board (has 8pin), but it only has an i3 so the cpu isn't really power hungry..(yeah i still have to get an unlocked cpu)

i was advised to upgrade the psu if I were to upgrade my cpu..up to now i only upgraded the psu

don't take my word for it, but I guess that advise will do you good as well..