Project Godzilla - 900D Long Term Build

Please tell me you plan on putting water cooling loop in this case?

You have seen the radiators and all the W/C bits, right? ;)

Or maybe I'm missing something? Wouldn't be the first time... :D

Yeah sorry did not see that my bad, Can't wait to see the outcome as I am planing to build in the same case too :)

Did you skip every picture of the Water Blocks or what?

Watercooling? What's that? lol

Good point on the fan controller.  I'm in Vancouver too!  I look forward to your build and especially the pics.  Put lots of pics up!!

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

For anyone looking for some more pr0n pics of the 900d

Top grill with the fan hiding under it

IMG_0280.jpg

Corner shot

IMG_0284.jpg

Front display of the Aquaero showing temps. These are software temps bound to it.

IMG_0287.jpg

Front panel ports

IMG_0288.jpg

Front fan grill

IMG_0291.jpg

My favourite of the night

IMG_0292.jpg

This one was a bit hard to capture. I think I might have the custom back plates light up with these lights. Godzilla's eye could be one of these LEDs

IMG_0296.jpg

Video card water block is here!

IMG_0300.jpg

Bottom of the block

IMG_0303.jpg

Thanks for the comments so far!

-370GT

love the Macro pics!!

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

very nice macro photographs, what lens are you using for this?

May I ask what program you used to make those models/renders? You'd get an extra like if you know a way to import something like a graphics card/mobo (either source or any other way but a 3D scanner - I only have a 3Ds for that :O)

Back to topic: I still don't really get your backplate idea but I can't wait to see it finished. Is there a local shop or something where you can use a 3D-printer or do actually own one?

very nice macro photographs, what lens are you using for this?

Stock kit lens on a original Canon Digital Rebel. It's a piece of garbage lens. 18-55

May I ask what program you used to make those models/renders? You'd get an extra like if you know a way to import something like a graphics card/mobo (either source or any other way but a 3D scanner - I only have a 3Ds for that :o)

Back to topic: I still don't really get your backplate idea but I can't wait to see it finished. Is there a local shop or something where you can use a 3D-printer or do actually own one?

I am using google sketchup for the 3d stuff, and there is a lot of premade video cards and mobos to download from the internet (http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ is one site for instance). There are a couple 3d printing shops in vancouver, but they charge waaay too much. Thankfully I have a couple connections that have 3d printers that I can borrow from time to time. Otherwise I will be ordering from Europe, as they seem to have some of the cheapest rates.