considering my first build

xXxrekt_u_m8xXx

hi guys so i've been thinking about this for a while and now i'm seriously considering actually doing this.

so the idea is to do basically everything on my own even the case. i've been doing a little work in sketchup

and this is a rough sketchof how the case would look like

post-155340-0-83771000-1422180068_thumb.

those two boxes are supposed to be for hdd/ssd and a psu haven't given them much thought maybe you could help me here

for the components(i would like to make it a sub 1000euro build):

mobo: (to fit the colour scheme) http://cdn2.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Z87-MPOWER-MAX-Promo.jpg

cpu: probably i 5 4460K

cooler:  http://www.techpowerup.com/img/14-01-09/be_quiet_Dark_Rock_Pro_3_02.jpg

gpu: would you advise a 960 or a 970?

psu: no idea right now :D

storage: same as psu :D

i would love to hear your opinion about this build, thanks for all your responses in advance :)

post-155340-0-83771000-1422180068_thumb.

I would say GTX 970, people say the 960 is limited by vram, and EVGA, cooler Master and Corsair make good PSU's. And also, are you handy with tools/wood's/metals? If not, competently scrap building your own case and buy a prebuilt one. 

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

I would say GTX 970, people say the 960 is limited by vram, and EVGA, cooler Master and Corsair make good PSU's. And also, are you handy with tools/wood's/metals? If not, competently scrap building your own case and buy a prebuilt one. 

well i have a friend ho is pretty skilled in these things so i don't think building the case would be a big problem plus if i decide to make something like this i really want it to be mine so yeah i hope you get the point :D

well i have a friend ho is pretty skilled in these things so i don't think building the case would be a big problem plus if i decide to make something like this i really want it to be mine so yeah i hope you get the point :D

That is a good enough reason, if I knew anyone who could do it I would do the exact same, stock cases are so boring ;P ADVICE THOUGH. Unless you want to clean your pc 24/7 Make it full enclosed #DUST

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

That is a good enough reason, if I knew anyone who could do it I would do the exact same, stock cases are so boring ;P ADVICE THOUGH. Unless you want to clean your pc 24/7 Make it full enclosed #DUST

yeah that's probably true but i'm willing to sacrifice that because i really love this design and well open air design in general so in this case(pun intended) i will most likely stay with the design no matter what :D

yeah that's probably true but i'm willing to sacrifice that because i really love this design and well open air design in general so in this case(pun intended) i will most likely stay with the design no matter what :D

Fair enough :) Good luck with it