Portable Gaming Laptop

alexyousef
Go to solution Solved by SteepGnomeKing,

Why do you want a gaming laptop? For that budget, you could build a pretty nice desktop PC, and get an ultrabook. Then you would have the best of both worlds with an extremely portable laptop, and also a powerful PC with great upgradability. 

Because a desktop doesn't work for everyone and they need a powerful gaming laptop. Such as me.

This is where I got my laptop. Lot's of laptops in your budget and range for what your looking for. You can get a 780m or a 8970m those would be your best options great performance. Sager 8250 is what i'd recommend but MSI has some nice laptops also in that range.

Hello forum,

Currently i got a MSI GT780R 17-inch monstrosity at least when it was released :P.  However currently i am searching for a smaller and more portable gaming laptop.

There are a few criteria which it has to meet:

1. Must have a dedicated GPU
  2. Screen size around  13"-15.6" but must be absolutely ≤17"
  3. Backlit Keyboard
  4. USB 3.0 ports

Some examples i have currently been looking at include the ASUS G46VW and the MSI GE70

For budget say around 2000$

A big plus would be if the laptops themselves support msata and hard drive but is not a requirement. Hope you can help me out 1 internet for the best answer.

Why do you want a gaming laptop? For that budget, you could build a pretty nice desktop PC, and get an ultrabook. Then you would have the best of both worlds with an extremely portable laptop, and also a powerful PC with great upgradability. 

Alienware 14 (don't kill me)

Macbook Pro (don't kill me)

Someone's gonna kill me I know it

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

MSI has a good line and Razer Blade is a good option too.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Alienware 14 (don't kill me)

Macbook Pro (don't kill me)

Someone's gonna kill me I know it

Yeah, I was actually thinking about suggesting the Macbook Pro too. However, he wouldn't be able to game that well, so that's why I suggested he could build a PC and still get a Macbook Air, or something like that. 

I already have a desktop. Im looking to replace my current laptop.

MSI has a good line and Razer Blade is a good option too.

Isn't the razer blade 17.3 inches

!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Isn't the razer blade 17.3 inches

I think there are 2 options, but who ever complained about too much screen?

Me, the damn 110" tv, its retarded. no one needs a screen that big.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

If its a thin and light like razer blade then i might accept 17" screen. I just wanted to start this thread to see if people had other suggestions within the portable gaming laptop space.

Because a desktop doesn't work for everyone and they need a powerful gaming laptop. Such as me.

This is where I got my laptop. Lot's of laptops in your budget and range for what your looking for. You can get a 780m or a 8970m those would be your best options great performance. Sager 8250 is what i'd recommend but MSI has some nice laptops also in that range.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Very nice website can pretty much find any laptop. Was thinking of probably splurging for a 780m and cutting back on the processer

I think there are 2 options, but who ever complained about too much screen?

Me, the damn 110" tv, its retarded. no one needs a screen that big.

alexyousef apparently

alexyousef apparently

was that english? 

was that english? 

the OP

the OP

what?

what?

the guy who started this topic (I think thats what we call it)

the guy who started this topic (I think thats what we call it)

OHHHHH I was confused, for got that was his name :p

OHHHHH I was confused, for got that was his name :P

lol

lol

I feel dumb :(

I feel dumb :(

That was a pointless conversation

That was a pointless conversation

Yes, yes it was.