Audio connectors, RCA

gooooofpie

I'm pretty hooked up with Audioengine's D1 DAC and Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II speakers, however I'm quite confused with the connectivity. 

T40 speakers doesn't have RCA cables to connect to the DAC (which only have 2 rca outputs for speakers), however it comes with 'Dual RCA to Stereo adapter'. 

So, what extra cables do I have to purchase in order to connect the DAC to the T40, I'm guessing RCA cables? Will these work http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=25751&cPath=579

If I go with this solution, would I have to buy 2 of them?

Or alternatively I can ignore the adapter and use http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=17125&cPath=579

Which is a better solution?

Both links are the same. You can use the cable you posted. RCA ->3.5mm jack. 
However if the D1/speakers came with an adaptor, why don't you use it? Haven't you tried? It will probably work flawlessly

Both links are the same. You can use the cable you posted. RCA ->3.5mm jack. 

However if the D1/speakers came with an adaptor, why don't you use it? Haven't you tried? It will probably work flawlessly

My bad, changed the first link. 

Is there a difference though? between the first and second option

My bad, changed the first link. 

Is there a difference though? between the first and second option

Oh yes, there is a difference. The one will work and the other wont :P

You need the second one. (Male Stereo To Male RCA Audio)

(You can use the 1st one, but you'll need an adaptor and you will use only the 4 out of 6 cables)

So get the second one or use an adapter like this one IF you already have the dual RCAs.  

Oh yes, there is a difference. The one will work and the other wont :P

You need the second one. (Male Stereo To Male RCA Audio)

(You can use the 1st one, but you'll need an adaptor and you will use only the 4 out of 6 cables)

So get the second one or use an adapter like this one IF you already have the dual RCAs.  

The speaker comes with an adapter (no RCA cables though), would any of these options degrade sound quality?

What's the difference between Aux in and Line in?

Oh wait... it was Line in? I thought the other port (at the front) was the headphone port...

Use the Line In port... there's no difference but line in is the primary signal source...

With  models like this, it usually mutes the audio from the line in port if you plug in something to the aux in port, allowing you to use 2 signal sources without having to unplug your primary....

I looked it up in creative's website and it comes with a  2x RCA female to Stereo 3.5mm male adapter... You can use that + the 2x RCA cables to connect it to your DAC... or use option 2 (2x RCA Male to 3.5mm stereo male cable) for a more elegant-looking solution...

I personally use the 2x RCA Male to 3.5mm stereo male cable to connect my Sony Component system to my PC's audio output...

The speaker comes with an adapter (no RCA cables though), would any of these options degrade sound quality?

It will probably sound exaclty the same. However crappy connectors might break or have a loose/tight connection etc. If it fits, it's good :P

The sound will not change. 

So... all you need is the 2xRCAs to 3.5mm jack and you're good :)   (this)   

It's better to use cables instead of adaptors IMO. I've had adapters that broke or it wasn't good in general, but a cable is 95% ok. 

You can get a more expensive cable, but don't expect to change the audio quality. It's just going to be more sturdy, with better build quality.

Also, check out these.  Monoprice has EXCELLENT cables for the price. 

It will probably sound exaclty the same. However crappy connectors might break or have a loose/tight connection etc. If it fits, it's good :P

The sound will not change. 

So... all you need is the 2xRCAs to 3.5mm jack and you're good :)   (this)   

It's better to use cables instead of adaptors IMO. I've had adapters that broke or it wasn't good in general, but a cable is 95% ok. 

You can get a more expensive cable, but don't expect to change the audio quality. It's just going to be more sturdy, with better build quality.

Also, check out these.  Monoprice has EXCELLENT cables for the price. 

LOL it cost $40 for international shipping.

LOL it cost $40 for international shipping.

Oh... sorry :\

I thought you were living in America :P   Just forget it haha. I wanted to buy monoprice cables as well, but the international shipping cost is ridiculous. So... i ended up making my custom cables becase i didn't like anything else. :D

Oh... sorry :\

I thought you were living in America :P   Just forget it haha. I wanted to buy monoprice cables as well, but the international shipping cost is ridiculous. So... i ended up making my custom cables becase i didn't like anything else. :D

np probs. :)

Just one last question before I make a purchase. This is the same http://www.amazon.com/KabelDirekt-3-5mm-Stereo-Audio-Cable/dp/B00DI89MSM/ref=sr_1_9?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1422031654&sr=1-9&keywords=rca&pebp=1422031668757&peasin=B00DI89MSM right?

Thanks in advance.

They are the same, but probably with better build quality :)

Kabel direct has also really nice cables, so you should be more than ok with those ;)

....And let's be honest... The better it looks, the better it sounds xDDD