Which laptop should i get

franzleslie

can you guys help me im currently torn between two laptops xD but before you guys say "oh just build a gaming desk top" i could really but the problem is that i might leave the country after a year and work in singapore. hope you guys could help me out :D

i need the laptop for gaming and Photoshop

currently choosing betweetn ff

Alienware 15 and Sager NP8268-S

Windows 8.1
16GB Dual Channel
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970m with 3GB
Killer 1525 Driver
1TB 5400RPM (Storage)
Killer 1525 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1
15.6 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS-Panel Anti-Glare 300-nits Display

MSI GT80 Titan, that would be my pick

CPU: Intel Core I5 4590 | GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC | Mobo: ASRock Fatality H97 Performance | Ram: HyperX Fury 8gb 1866 | SSD: Intel 520 series 240 GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Aerocool DS 200 red/black | Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212X | PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 620w | Monitor: AOC i2367fh & old HP | OS: Windowws 7

can you guys help me im currently torn between two laptops xD but before you guys say "oh just build a gaming desk top" i could really but the problem is that i might leave the country after a year and work in singapore. hope you guys could help me out :D

i need the laptop for 

Windows 8.1

16GB Dual Channel

Killer 1525 Driver

1TB 5400RPM (Storage)

the Sager is a better value from a specs standpoint, but the Alienware 15 has a much sleeker build and an IPS display. I would go with the Alienware 15 between the two if I could afford it, but I would also consider what ASUS has to offer

System76

• Galago UltraPro
  • Kudu Professional 
  • Bonobo Extreme

As far as program compatibility wine should be able to work for everything you need.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

System76

• Galago UltraPro
  • Kudu Professional 
  • Bonobo Extreme

As far as program compatibility wine should be able to work for everything you need.

yes the bonobo extreme is a bit of an amazing machine, but for many people the lack of windows is a problem, especially for gaming. I doubt that all of the drivers would be easily sourced for running windows on that.

@wcreek i should agree with pjtruslow that i might get problems because of systerm76 lacking windows

@ what kind of laptop would you recommend in the Asus series??

@wcreek i should agree with pjtruslow that i might get problems because of systerm76 lacking windows

@ what kind of laptop would you recommend in the Asus series??

I think the Asus G56 would be a good laptop for the price that actually looks somewhat professional and laptop like

also the Aorus X3 is a pretty great machine as far as I know, and the model with the last gen of graphics card is on sale for a pretty sweet deal http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834725006&cm_re=aorus_x3-_-34-725-006-_-Product

in general check out what gaming notebooks can be had from MSI, ASUS, Aorus, and I'll add more if I think of more

I think the Asus G56 would be a good laptop for the price that actually looks somewhat professional and laptop like

also the Aorus X3 is a pretty great machine as far as I know, and the model with the last gen of graphics card is on sale for a pretty sweet deal http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834725006&cm_re=aorus_x3-_-34-725-006-_-Product

in general check out what gaming notebooks can be had from MSI, ASUS, Aorus, and I'll add more if I think of more

Aorus sucks and is a throttle machine. Screw that.

can you guys help me im currently torn between two laptops xD but before you guys say "oh just build a gaming desk top" i could really but the problem is that i might leave the country after a year and work in singapore. hope you guys could help me out  :D

i need the laptop for gaming and Photoshop

Windows 8.1
16GB Dual Channel 
Killer 1525 Driver
1TB 5400RPM (Storage)

The P150SM-A you're looking at is the best value. The Alienware 15 is BGA crap. It won't even hold its stock CPU speeds if you put it under some solid load. Had confirmation again from that with a 4720HQ user today. Even adjusting the power limits up/down didn't do a damn.

Also, the P150SM-A you're looking at has 6GB vRAM on the 970, so that's also a better machine. And 7200RPM HDD as well. Get the P150SM-A, bro. You won't regret it. Any questions you have about it, you can check out this forum

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Aorus sucks and is a throttle machine. Screw that.

The P150SM-A you're looking at is the best value. The Alienware 15 is BGA crap. It won't even hold its stock CPU speeds if you put it under some solid load. Had confirmation again from that with a 4720HQ user today. Even adjusting the power limits up/down didn't do a damn.

Also, the P150SM-A you're looking at has 6GB vRAM on the 970, so that's also a better machine. And 7200RPM HDD as well. Get the P150SM-A, bro. You won't regret it. Any questions you have about it, you can check out this forum

thanks for the insight i think i'll be going with the Sager, i've seen a video inyoutube this one 

he got his Alienware a couple of days ago and just yesterday he did a benchmark test and the thing was a monster but then just a few hours ago he ran into a problem with his graphics card, because of what happened to him im now scared to buy an alienware 15 :) )))))) the only thing that i dont like about sager is the laptops case it seems cheap xD I'm afraid that it might break easily 

thanks for the insight i think i'll be going with the Sager, i've seen a video inyoutube this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPDvOFl9WvQ he got his Alienware a couple of days ago and just yesterday he did a benchmark test and the thing was a monster but then just a few hours ago he ran into a problem with his graphics card, because of what happened to him im now scared to buy an alienware 15 :) )))))) the only thing that i dont like about sager is the laptops case it seems cheap xD I'm afraid that it might break easily 

A dead GPU is something that happens naturally sometimes. But if you got an ASUS or something with a soldered GPU, you'd be swapping your whole motherboard (CPU and GPU as well) with it. BGA sucks.

Anyway, good luck with the P150SM-A! Also remember to use that forum if you have questions. LTT doesn't exactly have a whole lot of people who understand mobile hardware too well, and most just brand-name call ASUS/Lenovo, or the newly in-the-media GT72/GT80 from MSI

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday