Confused about my PSU selection

Hi, this is my first post in this forum.

1. Budget and location

I already bought the case (Corsair 380T) and one 1080p monitor, and already got peripherals.

So, for the rest of my build's budget is below $800 dollar, and planning to buy it in the next two days. And I live in Malaysia.

$800 dollar is my max budget. If I exceed that budget, I won't be able to buy textbooks and eat good food.

2. Aim

With this rig, I'm planning to do casual gaming and 3D modelling in Blender. Also lots of compressing/decompressing files.

3. Monitor

I'll be running this pc on a single 1080p monitor. But if I buy a second monitor in the future, I would still run games on a single monitor.

4. Peripherals

Already got them

What I'm planning to buy are :

CPU              : Intel Xeon E3-1231v3

Motherboard : Asrock H97M itx

Ram              : GSkill Aegis 2x4GB

GPU              : R9 270 or GTX 750ti

Storage         : Samsung 840 evo 250GB (I'll buy 2 other HDDs later in the future)

PSU              : Seasonic S12II 620W Bronze non modular(the shop i'm buying at don't sell 520W version)

All the items above is at $786 dollar.

I was told to not to cheap out in my PSU because it is very important part of a pc. The Seasonic S12II is cheap but got many good reviews. 

Is this PSU good enough, or should I spend more for the psu?

One other question is, I heard that nvidia cards work better in Blender. If this true, should I pick GTX 750ti instead of R9 270.

The Seasnoic PSU that you got there is a great value but not cheap. Seasonic is tuff stuff. One of the best in the industry. And it has a whopping 5 yr warranty.

who cares...

That psu will be fine. I would go with the R9 270/X over a 750ti.

The psu is definitely a good choice, though probably overkill for a 750ti unless you plan to upgrade. 

That's what I thought. But they don't have the 520W version.