Help me upgrade

TechBlitZ

Hey guys, I'm 18 years old and currently studying at university. Whilst I've been off in the holidays I've been working quite alot and managed to save up a little bit of money, around $500 (£300) and i'm looking for something to spend it on =P

My current setup -

i7 3770k

H100

Amd Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC

8G Corsair vengeance 1600

MSI G43 Motherboard

750w Corsair Psu

120g Mushkin Chronos SSD

1TB WD Caviar Black

500R Case

A full backlit Cyborg keyboard (Membrane - Im replacing this anyway)

Razer Naga Molten

Got a main 22Inch monitor, and a 27Inch Tv / monitor I use next to it.

I'm not really sure what I want, but I know I want to buy something, either to enhance gameplay or my movie watching experience.

Anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking maybe a projector? Bigger SSD? Windows 8?

Save it for later?

I hate small drives so a 500gb ssd?

:P

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

Spend it on booze?

Nah seriously though, maybe a bigger TV? You could probably get a decent set of speakers for $500.

Save it; to be honest with you, you already have a decent system.

Good Morning...

If you want to enhance your movie and gaming experience I'd strongly recommend a high end soundcard. If that's not for you, then save the money. Your rig is very much up to date still.

An opinion far away from your own can only be seen as madness.

If you want to enhance your movie and gaming experience I'd strongly recommend a high end soundcard. If that's not for you' date=' then save the money. Your rig is very much up to date still.[/quote']

Yep, that was what I was going to say too.

Seems like the only three avenues to enhance your experience in any way is through hitting your CPU's overclock limit (which is free) - the second is a high grade 24 bit /96 khz capable sound card (and would be my best recommendation) - or a better viewing panel* (screen)

*Not necessarily bigger, just better. What type of panel is your screen?

With $500 available, seems you are just within reach of the Asus Xonar Essence One DAC. However, I wouldn't recommend that unless you are a religious headphone user. And if your headphones aren't great, well... The Xonar may not help much. I would suggest one of the cheaper Xonar cards. That still leaves you with money for quality headphones (I recommend AKG for the best quality to price ratio) and maybe even a new hard drive.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I'd also go with soundcard, or alternatively, upgrade your case fans?

Don't spend it. If you really want to spend money maybe something else tech related? Phone, tablet, DSLR, a different/extra monitors? I don't know. But better to not spend it if you're not sure, you'll probably regret it

Hi all, slightly off topic but what's your opinion of your cyborg keyboard? I was going to buy one but opted for the microsoft sidewinder x4 instead :)

Hi all' date=' slightly off topic but what's your opinion of your cyborg keyboard? I was going to buy one but opted for the microsoft sidewinder x4 instead :)[/quote']

I use the Media keys very often, I love the backlit; its a very deep red and looks pretty good for a membrane keyboard. I do love it, although it is membrane, about to get a mechanical.

Decided to buy 2 new monitors and then mount all 3 on my wall =)