New laptop for uni

sandals100

Hey guys so I am starting uni in about 1 month and I need a laptop to use. Since I don't really know how to class laptop's from good to bad I wanted to recieve some help choosing one. I am planning on using it for word documents ,note taking and some other assorted software and gaming will be kept to the basic stuff the more horse power requiring programs to my desktop. I want the laptop to be reasonable light and not too thick. I want it to last 4 years. I don't mind if it doesn't have an SSD however I would prefer it to have one although I would be willing to add one if it allows me. 

Budget: $1050 or less however NO SKIMPING ON NECESSITIES

Screen Size: At least 14+ inches

I would like to purchase it locally therefore shops like: Officeworks, JB HI FI, Dick Smith, MSY, Umart
I can also purchase online: PC Case Gear, Mwave, CentreCom

Please don't repost

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

This is not a repost.

Mine was showing two for some reason? Anyway what about a lenovo yoga? @sandals100

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Hey guys so I am starting uni in about 1 month and I need a laptop to use. Since I don't really know how to class laptop's from good to bad I wanted to recieve some help choosing one. I am planning on using it for word documents ,note taking and some other assorted software and gaming will be kept to the basic stuff the more horse power requiring programs to my desktop. I want the laptop to be reasonable light and not too thick. I want it to last 4 years. I don't mind if it doesn't have an SSD however I would prefer it to have one although I would be willing to add one if it allows me. 

Budget: $1050 or less however NO SKIMPING ON NECESSITIES

I would like to purchase it locally therefore shops like: Officeworks, JB HI FI, Dick Smith, MSY, Umart

I can also purchase online: PC Case Gear, Mwave, CentreCom

How's this? https://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers-tablets/laptops/toshiba/toshiba-satellite-z30-a019-13-notebook/585072/

"Rawr XD"

Please don't repost

Yeah no sorry I posted it in the wrong section without realis

Looks good but I forgot to add that I was hoping to find something with a larger screen. But thank you anyway.

ing so I just 'deleted' the old post n then posted in the correct area.

Mine was showing two for some reason? Anyway what about a lenovo yoga? @sandals100

I was hoping for a laptop with a slightly larger screen.

Looks good but I forgot to add that I was hoping to find something with a larger screen. But thank you anyway.

ing so I just 'deleted' the old post n then posted in the correct area.

How's this 15"? Dedicated GPU as well. https://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers-tablets/laptops/acer/acer-e5-571pg-524h-15-touch-screen-notebook/546873/

Or add $100 for flippy-style https://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers-tablets/laptops/asus/asus-tp500ln-cj104h-transformer-book-flip/612415/

"Rawr XD"

Hmm those two look good especially the Asus one. Thankyou for your help :) !