ASUS RTN66U NOT WORK ING!

Nasirdude3211
Go to solution Solved by Peter Vaughan Truslow,

I think you have to rescue it using a computer connected to a LAN port (preferrably only one device, to port 1) using the included CD

I have that router so let me see what I can dig up

I did a firmware update on the Damn thing and my brother did not reboot it and unplugged it. So now it flashing the power LIGHT. I have the firmware update on my pc to flash it but it won't connect to the firmware restoration software. idk how to get it into rescue mode. I've tried holding the restart button for 5+ seconds then turning the power on but still it won't work.

sorry if there's word errors and large paragraphs I'm using my phone...

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT THANKS

I did a firmware update on the Damn thing and my brother did not reboot it and unplugged it. So now it flashing the power LIGHT. I have the firmware update on my pc to flash it but it won't connect to the firmware restoration software. idk how to get it into rescue mode. I've tried holding the restart button for 5+ seconds then turning the power on but still it won't work.

I found instructions on using the rescue function,(edit: oops forgot link http://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1000814/ ) but you have to have the firmware restoration utility which is on the driver disk. I'll try to find it in the driver downloads.

you can find the firmware restoration(rescue) utility here on the ASUS support site under "drivers and tools" then win7 64 bit

here is the download link: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-N66U_B1/UT_RT_N66U_B1_4239.zip

or if you don't trust my link, you can find it yourself here: http://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RTN66U/HelpDesk_Download/