Sony Xperia Z3 dbrand wrap and phantom glass

ozzytheasian

Hello!

I looked through the first 10 pages or so of this forum and wasn't able to find any information about using phantom glass in addition to a dbrand vinyl wrap. I like the look of having both the front and back on my Z3 covered, but I also want the added protection of having a layer of phhantom glass on the front screen. Is there anyway I can go about using the two? Or is the whole idea just dumb, and I should pick between having phantom glass + back dbrand skin, or a front and back dbrand skin without the phantom glass.

Thanks

Austin

I'd say phantom glass on the front + dbrand on the sides/back is a great idea as long as there are no austin evans nipples around (joke). 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I figured that would be my only option :( Its a shame the front dbrand skins don't have a screen protector built in. I really like the look of the front and back skin instead of just the back XP

I figured that would be my only option :( Its a shame the front dbrand skins don't have a screen protector built in. I really like the look of the front and back skin instead of just the back XP

I believe some of them come with screen protectors but it's not as high end (or glass for that matter) as phantom glass

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

• 4 months later...

i know this thread has been inactive for a few months but is it possible to put the front dbrand skins on top of the phantom glass screen protector or will it look weird? i have an HTC One m8 Harmon Kardon and ordered a dbrand Skin. i was thinking about getting a phantom glass screen protector and maybe putting the skin on top. should i just stick with the dbrand only?

i know this thread has been inactive for a few months but is it possible to put the front dbrand skins on top of the phantom glass screen protector or will it look weird? i have an HTC One m8 Harmon Kardon and ordered a dbrand Skin. i was thinking about getting a phantom glass screen protector and maybe putting the skin on top. should i just stick with the dbrand only?

You should have made a new thread rather then necroing this one, but to answer your question, yes, the dbrand M8 front skins only go around the speakers, not the screen, so you can use a Phantom Glass screen protector and front dbrand skin at the same time.

"Rawr XD"

You should have made a new thread rather then necroing this one, but to answer your question, yes, the dbrand M8 front skins only go around the speakers, not the screen, so you can use a Phantom Glass screen protector and front dbrand skin at the same time.

Thanks, and sorry about the thread thing... heh  :blush:. But ill consider the phantom glass. might look a bit weird with the skin over the glass but i guess i'll see.

Thanks, and sorry about the thread thing... heh  :blush:. But ill consider the phantom glass. might look a bit weird with the skin over the glass but i guess i'll see.

The skin and glass won't mix. The Phantom Glass for the M8 only covers the glass part of the front, while the metal parts will get covered by the skin. Looks natural tbh

"Rawr XD"

The skin and glass won't mix. The Phantom Glass for the M8 only covers the glass part of the front, while the metal parts will get covered by the skin. Looks natural tbh