Ipod touch alternatives?

DaGameFace

Basically what I want is simple, something small and portable to play songs and apps (who could have ever guessed that, right?)

BUT what i don't want is to pay the ridiculous amount that apple charges for actually only decent storage capacity, so something with an sd slot would be ideal.

Was even thinking i could go with another smartphone and just not activate it. (don't want to pay for data) Im open to any suggestions, have no problem with win 8 (i know there arent many apps for win 8 but i think the fact that its windows makes it versatile enough to outweigh that), android and if cant find something that i like might just go with a sansa clip plus but a touch screen would be nice

I had the Sansa Clip and navigating is just a pain compared to the iPod Touch. I would also want the new iPod touch cuz they're great, but I am too much in love with Android's All Access subscription, and the Android music player on ios is terrible. :(

Basically what I want is simple, something small and portable to play songs and apps (who could have ever guessed that, right?)

BUT what i don't want is to pay the ridiculous amount that apple charges for actually only decent storage capacity, so something with an sd slot would be ideal.

Was even thinking i could go with another smartphone and just not activate it. (don't want to pay for data) Im open to any suggestions, have no problem with win 8 (i know there arent many apps for win 8 but i think the fact that its windows makes it versatile enough to outweigh that), android and if cant find something that i like might just go with a sansa clip plus but a touch screen would be nice

I know you probably not going to like this... BUT I happen to have had an iPod touch 5th gen for ~2.5 years now and its still going strong.  At current prices you should at least consider it.  

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

The iPod touch is the only thing in it's category I would purchase, the rest of the touchscreen dedicated entertainment devices pretty much suck.  The audio quality is going to be better than most Android powered ones (due to their use of Qualcomm stuff).  But if you have to I'd just say get a phone like the Moto G and just airplane mode it all the time, as a plus it has front facing speakers :D

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh