First Build: Under $1500

byalexandr

So I want to build a new PC for heavy gaming, heavy web browsing, some rendering/editing, and some school work. Here is what I have so far:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI

Graphics Card: MSI GeFroce GTX 670 Power Edition

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 (Blue)

SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Case: BitFenix Prodigy

PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W Gold Modular PSU

Cooler: Corsair H80i

Extra Fans: 2x CM 120mm Blue LED Fans, 200mm Blue LED Fan

Here are the only things that are up for change: The 3570K could be a 3770K if the budget allows, The motherboard could be mATX if there is another case, the RAM can go to 16GB if the budget allows, the BitFenix Prodigy... Well, I like it but I don't like it. I wish there was something else this stylish in this small form factor, but there doesn't appear to be. I could go up to a mid tower ATX though. The HDD and SSD could be bigger capacity if the budget allows, and other than that, I don't need a GTX 680, just too expensive, and the GTX 670 is plenty enough for me. I don't need anything more than a 550W, unless I will do SLI in the fututre (which I'm not unless I change the mobo form factor).The fans are for aesthetics, and extra cooling.

Basically, the only concerns are:

-The case, something well built and stylish. Up to a mid tower ATX, no bigger, as I want it to be small.

-The motherboard, I don't really like mITX, and I don't want EATX or anything.

-Any small hardware upgrades.

-Keeping it under $1500.

Thanks in advance, Alex Makarov.

I've taken a look at the Lian Li PC-Q25B Case, and it looks stylish and is much better (to me) than the Prodigy. I will go with this case and remove the extra fans, change the H80i to an H60 (clearance issues), and maybe upgrade some stuff since the proce dropped to below $1300. Probably the GTX 670 to a 680.

This build looks great!

If you think the 670 is more than enough, I would upgrade the SSD capacity. If you don't need more capacity, I would upgrade to a 3770k. Or if you're happy with it you can leave it at that and save some money :)

This is one of those builds that I see and think, "yay it's well-planned"! Haha.

Like dchen says, SSD storage capacity is something you should look at upgrading.

I have a 128GB SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda and I wish I'd gone for a 256GB SSD. Mainly because I put games with loading screens on my SSD -- it's great, but it fills too quickly :(

An upgrade to a 680 or a 7970 couldn't hurt :)

That looks really good. For the case the Corsair 650D would look good and is a very good case, its also not as big as the 800/900D, but still has water cooling potential (H60-H100i)

Asus Sabertooth Z77, Intel 3770K 4.6GHz @ 1.33V, EVGA GTX670, Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM, and Corsair 800D

I don't see anything wrong with that - good luck :)

That looks really good. For the case the Corsair 650D would look good and is a very good case, its also not as big as the 800/900D, but still has water cooling potential (H60-H100i)
I was taking a look at this, and decided that it was a lot better than the Prodigy... I am changing the mobo to a Z77A-GD65 from MSI, and will buy watercooling later for it.

I was taking a look at this, and decided that it was a lot better than the Prodigy... I am changing the mobo to a Z77A-GD65 from MSI, and will buy watercooling later for it. (Custom loop, that is)