High Temps on Custom Loop

noise is air. temps?

After another 15 min of DA:I, The cpu peaked at 64, GPU at ~55. CPU was running about 60 while playing though.

noise is air. temps?

So I watch a few videos online of people filling loops with D5 pumps. It seems that their fluid is moving way faster than mine. I what I saw was a 5 during filling, my pump drained the res at maybe a 2 with the setting at 5. I can hear the pump speed up with I play with the dial. Any ideas?

So I watch a few videos online of people filling loops with D5 pumps. It seems that their fluid is moving way faster than mine. I what I saw was a 5 during filling, my pump drained the res at maybe a 2 with the setting at 5. I can hear the pump speed up with I play with the dial. Any ideas?

There are two ways:

1) your pump ran dry and was damaged

2) when you're filling the loop, you have no outlet for the air, so it has nowhere to go and it is hardwork for the pump

I'm always using only D5 and it was ok.

I doubt that my pump is damaged, it's making zero noise and is working, could it be possible that its gunked up? It's either that or my rads are gunked up. Is there a way to clear out your rads?

Here's a setup I used to flush radiators:

DSC_0137_thumb.jpg

Basically I poured water into an open top reservoir feeding into the pump pushing the water through the reservoir -- it was a lot easier keeping with the pump than you might think. I put a gallon of water through this radiator when flushing it. I've done the same with water blocks. If this doesn't get things nice and flushed, I don't know what will (that's within reason, that is).

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

Seems easy enough, minus the fact that I have to disassemble my loop yet again. My blocks are clean, took them apart and cleaned them myself. Hopefully something works soon because this is getting ridiculous. 

But going on the OP, looking at your temperatures under load, I'm wondering if your fans aren't up to the task. You've got 2x120mm and 2x140mm of radiator capacity for two graphics cards and a CPU, but your fans are running at only 800rpm when your system is under load? I think you might want to look at upping your fan speeds when your system is under load. 800rpm fans and a single 240mm radiator with just your CPU is likely very adequate, especially if you're not overclocked. But slow fans and that little radiator capacity I think is the explanation for your CPU temperatures -- your fans may not be pulling enough heat out of your coolant. I run 1200rpm fans, but I've got 7x120mm of radiator space in my loop, not 2x120mm and 2x140mm, and I don't have any problems with temperatures at all. My CPU will top out at 53C under extended load, GPUs top out around the same.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

The 280 rad is pretty thick and in push-pull. Under load the fans jump up to around 1200. I thought this as well. I'm kinda just waiting for my tax return to up the watercooling loop, but that means a new case as well.

The 280 rad is pretty thick and in push-pull. Under load the fans jump up to around 1200. I thought this as well. I'm kinda just waiting for my tax return to up the watercooling loop, but that means a new case as well.

Just did some quick math, based on a 2000rpm, 10 deltaC, my rads have up to 778 watts of heat capacity. My system is around 600 under full load. If i had to guess, playing DA:I puts my system at about 70% load during intense scenes. So say 450 watts to be safe. Put my fans at 1000 rpm and a deltaC of 20 degrees, I have more than enough cooling potential. I think. I could be horribly wrong.

And your fans are what provide the heat dissipation. If your fans cannot get enough air moving across your radiators, then they're not going to cool well at all. It's a combination of both CFM and static pressure. Low RPM fans tend to suck on both. I use Bitfenix Spectre Pro fans, and compared to an SP120 or NF-F12, they flat out suck. But for 30mm radiators, they still work quite well -- I'm running all ST30s in my system. On my wife's XT45 they're barely adequate and I'm going to swap the Spectre Pros on her 360mm XT45 for something else, likely SP120s hooked up to her mainboard to provide some level of control. What fans are you currently using out of curiosity?

Look for defects in your loop first -- making sure there aren't any blockages in blocks and radiators, getting all the air out, etc. Then if you still cannot get decent temperatures, consider swapping your fans.

On the 240 I have NF-F12's, and on the 280 I have the stock Define R4 fans and the Noctua NF-A14 PWM. I'll clean my rads soon and see if it helps, I'm currently out of distilled water.