Nexus 4 with 4 different OS

Mukessh

Hey guys. I recently bought a Nexus 4 with Lolipop, Ubuntu, Sallfish OS, and Firefox OS from a friend. My question is will there be any problems with it running 4 different OS?

Other then the issues with each individual os and the space required there shouldn't be. Unless it's all run in a vm, but I doubt that's the case.

Hey guys. I recently bought a Nexus 4 with Lolipop, Ubuntu, Sallfish OS, and Firefox OS from a friend. My question is will there be any problems with it running 4 different OS?

0___0 wut

I don't think it has four different "OS"'s on it, what it is, is that you have Android 5.0 Lollipop, which is your 'Operating system' And then there is salfish, another OS, and firefox, and so on, so forth, I think having four different OSs on your device is just ridiculous, there is no need for it, and I don't see why he did it, I'd say ask him to remove them all. Or you could try to sideload android 5.0.2 or 5.0.1 onto the device, which will completely wipe all the other stuff off the phone, and you wouldn't have to worry. 

Downloading programs from CNet is not a good idea, as they will commonly include unwanted, and sometimes dangerous bloatware... The more you know.

I don't think it has four different "OS"'s on it, what it is, is that you have Android 5.0 Lollipop, which is your 'Operating system' And then there is salfish, another OS, and firefox, and so on, so forth, I think having four different OSs on your device is just ridiculous, there is no need for it, and I don't see why he did it, I'd say ask him to remove them all. Or you could try to sideload android 5.0.2 or 5.0.1 onto the device, which will completely wipe all the other stuff off the phone, and you wouldn't have to worry.

Sideload meaning copying the os onto the phone and flashing it right ? Kinda New to these stuff.

Sideload meaning copying the os onto the phone and flashing it right ? Kinda New to these stuff.

Just look up sideloading android 5.0 lollipop, or just go here for the 5.0 downloads, directly from google, they give you a tutorial for you to do it yourself, if you're a total noob, I'd just ask your friend to do it, he clearly knows what he is doing. Not to say you can't do it, but it has a risk, completely bricking the phone, breaking it so that you can't use it. Then you'd be out of luck and have to buy a new phone all together. Depending on where you live, you may be able to get a Nexus 4 still, but maybe not, since they stopped producing Nexus 5's, and I do believe they stopped producing The nexus early or late last year. But the Nexus 5 is probably still available, if you're really looking for a phone with no risk of loss. 

I really don't know what I'm doing with sideloading myself, so I can't give you in depth help, because I am patiently waiting for the Nexus 4 5.0 OTA update (OTA meaning Over the Air update, in which I get the download directly from google, from the system updates tab.)

I think really your best bet would be to ask your friend to sideload Android 5.0 onto the phone for you, as it will wipe the internal storage of the phone completely, getting rid of the multiple installed Operating Systems. If you want to give it a go yourself, here is the link: https://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/index.html

Downloading programs from CNet is not a good idea, as they will commonly include unwanted, and sometimes dangerous bloatware... The more you know.

Just look up sideloading android 5.0 lollipop, or just go here for the 5.0 downloads, directly from google, they give you a tutorial for you to do it yourself, if you're a total noob, I'd just ask your friend to do it, he clearly knows what he is doing. Not to say you can't do it, but it has a risk, completely bricking the phone, breaking it so that you can't use it. Then you'd be out of luck and have to buy a new phone all together. Depending on where you live, you may be able to get a Nexus 4 still, but maybe not, since they stopped producing Nexus 5's, and I do believe they stopped producing The nexus early or late last year. But the Nexus 5 is probably still available, if you're really looking for a phone with no risk of loss. 

I really don't know what I'm doing with sideloading myself, so I can't give you in depth help, because I am patiently waiting for the Nexus 4 5.0 OTA update (OTA meaning Over the Air update, in which I get the download directly from google, from the system updates tab.)

I think really your best bet would be to ask your friend to sideload Android 5.0 onto the phone for you, as it will wipe the internal storage of the phone completely, getting rid of the multiple installed Operating Systems. If you want to give it a go yourself, here is the link: https://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/index.html

Thanks man. You've been really helpful. I appreciate it!

Thanks man. You've been really helpful. I appreciate it!

No problem! Hope you can get it sorted! Haha!