y50 4k Need Help!

brushe

I am on the verge of getting a Lenovo y40 4k with the specs below. It's only $999.99, which is a great deal however I heard there are big issues with it.

Does anyone know if the 48 hz screen lock and scaling issues are still there? And despite these issues, should I get it at that price?  

• Display: 15.6" Ultra HD Touchscreen Display (3840 x 2160), 
  • CPU: Intel i7-4700HQ (Haswell) 
  • Memory: 16GB DDR3L, 256GB Solid State Drive
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M with 2GB 
  • Windows 8.1

the 860m is such an outdated chip. you can get something much better for that price

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

as far as i know, the scaling is still an issue under windows.

Also imo 4k on a laptop is really not something you should get. 

the hardware is just note quiete there yet, to fully run on 4k

also what are you planning on using the laptop for

i5 4690k @ 4.5GHz | ASUS ROG Formula VII | Kingston HyperX 8gb | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 |Bequiet 600 Powerzone

the 860m is such an outdated chip. you can get something much better for that price

I would love to see this "Much better" product of yours for $999.99.

As far as i'm concern, i7 4700Qm + 4k(ish) screen + 860m + 256gb SSD + 16gb RAM for $999.99 is superb price.

I plan on using it for most current games except the major title games like BF4, Call of Duty, Unity, Far Cry 4 that require high graphic cards. 

I am happy to play games like divinity: original sin, wolfenstein first order, transistor, hearthstone, maybe league of legends.

I mean, it's quite obviously a good price, but honestly I'd just get the 1080p model and save a few hundred.

The screen is so small at 15.6", that I see no benefit to the 4k model.  Plus, the 1080p model will have a 60hz panel.

The 1080p model is only $50 less and has a terrible display, and does not come with the 256gb SSD, 16gb of ram, or the touchscreen. 

It is not an outdated chip. There is no direct successor to that chip, but there are chips in higher markets that exist.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday